artrage w/ touch

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by g2tl, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g2tl

g2tl Scribbler - Standard Member

doesn't seem to be working.
    After a few disconnected dots, it sort of freezes up.
    Interestingly, Facebook's graffiti app only works with touch, but not with the active digitizer. What happens with Wacom is that after each stroke, the previous stroke is deleted. But it's all good with the passive digitizer. Has anyone else noticed this?

2. requinox

requinox Pen Pal - Newbie

I noticed the graffiti-app wackiness with the digitizer...which is sad really. I just tied touch in artrage and yeah... it doesn't work very well.

3. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm a bit confused to what you're asking g2tl.
    The heading didn't help me much either sorry.

Can you clarify.

4. g2tl

g2tl Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah, well at least we have an option to choose between the two :D

It's a two part question, sort of.

1. If I try artrage through the passive touch screen (pda stylus, finger, etc.), it would freeze in a really interesting way. It works fine with the active digitizer. I was debating whether I should post this question on the hp's forum to see how the tx1000 does.

2. One of many little applications you can get for Facebook is a graffiti app. What's interesting is that I can only draw with either a mouse/stick, or the passive touch screen. If I try to draw with a wacom pen, I get a very weird effect. As soon as I try to draw another line (pen on screen -> draw -> release pen -> pen on screen), the previous line disappears o_O.

Have you tried artrage on your p1610/p1510 p8rson?
    If you do Facebook, try their graffiti with an active digitizer and a passive touch screen.

5. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Ahhh... thanks.
    ArtRage works just fine on the P1610.. Absolutely no problems.

I'll do a bit of further digging later but it may simply be down to a corrupt file.

6. jenarelJAM

jenarelJAM Scribbler - Standard Member

I can draw fine with graffiti on facebook. Albeit, it's not designed for inking so it ends up having lots of connected straight lines, but I'm not getting the "erasing" problem you seem to have. I have the sxga+ screen though... if that matters?

Only problem I've had with my touchscreen is that every once in awhile it "closes" the wacom drivers and I need to restart to get the pen input back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.