Artist here, need a new painting tablet-pc! Help

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by Dekus, May 14, 2020.

1. jedah

jedah Pen Pal - Newbie

It does have Wacom EMR. As for better, I would say yes, but I suppose it depends on which config you manage to find. The US version this year for some reason tops out at 12GB for the 15", while the Korean version has 16GB and an Nvidia MX card (admittedly not a huge upgrade over the Iris Pro that comes w/ the 10th gen processor). Despite that, the display, design, and 10th gen processor would still win it for me.

2. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

The Notebook 9 Pro 15 is a great machine, but it's getting on to three years old now. The Flex's improvements are all tech updates which bring the user back to the cutting edge.

The N9P can now be found used on eBay for as little as a third the price of a new Flex. I was thinking of flipping mine to offset the price of a Flex myself, but decided that was a dicey bet. There's no assurance I'd be able to sell it, plus the Flex is STILL very expensive. And on top of that, I'd want to wait until a few months have passed to see if the Flex has any built-in problems users might want to know about first. (Like, exploding batteries or pen problems, or whathaveyou.)

Meanwhile, my N9P is a super-reliable workhorse. If you do get a decent one used, you'll be happy with it.

Dekus likes this.
  3. Dekus

Dekus Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah I didnt really notice any major reason to get the Flex. The N9P seems to be the best option so far..
    and I am soooooo soo annoyed today.. Yesterday late evening there was an auction on Notebook 9 Pen with maximum specs. i7, 1Tb SSD, 16Gb RAM, brand new. Was at like 670USD and at the very end jumped to 1130USD. like 30 seconds before that I was the highest bidder at some 930USD and then it just jumped instantly and I didn't have time to correct my price.. aaargh.. I was going to type 1200USD and win it.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  4. thatcomicsguy

Yeah, on eBay all the hot bidding action tends to happen in the last fifteen seconds. -And usually the winner isn't one of the half dozen people who have been bidding for the several days prior, but instead some person who was silently waiting until the last moment.

5. Dekus

Dekus Pen Pal - Newbie

Insanely annoying.. I would now be the proud owner of a maxed out spec brand new N9P for about 1200usd :D Otherwise what I've seen it costs like 1700USD with these specs. And they do not sell notebooks in Europe at all (samsung I mean).
    My only hope now is to wait and hope a similar one re-appears on ebay or amazon warehouse deals.

6. thatcomicsguy

I tend to avoid bidding and just go for the "Buy Now" feature. -I may not always get the best deal, but I'm not interested in biting my nails for days. I'm interested in getting the product I need for a fair listed price.

JoeS likes this.
  7. WuffWuff

WuffWuff Pen Pal - Newbie

Maybe have a look at Fujitsu Q775, comes with 13.3 screen 1920x1080, 8 or 16 GB or ram and M2 SSD. It has Wacom EMR and touch screen but as far as my knowledge goes it has only one programmable function key on its side.

Dekus likes this.
  8. Dekus

Dekus Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes me too, but there wasn't such option. :/ it was bid only.

9. Dekus

Dekus Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmm seems to be pretty oldskool device. With a quick search found only 2 units on ebay.
    To be honest I'd like to have just a normal laptop form factor, so the screen would be more rigid and I could use it on my lap without any hassle.
    But thank you for the info! Haven't heard of this particular device before :)