Artdock guide-- compatibility and links

Discussion in 'Artists' started by Steve B, Aug 31, 2013.

1. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

2. testdrive7

testdrive7 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, lblb! #o works!

3. Bubel

Bubel Pen Pal - Newbie

Please clarify this moment - does Artdock works same time with pen input? I mean could you press virtual Alt for Color Picker during brush mode then select color with stylus tap, release virtual alt and back into brush mode automatically (like on real keyboard). Or Ardock is just switches between tools when stylus is far from screen?

4. cleft

cleft Scribbler - Standard Member

I haven't updated ArtDock status for a while.. does it support ATOM tablets yet? If not, would Dell Lattitude ST10, Asus VivoTab TF810 or ThinkPad Tablet 2 users kindly give the tool TouchKey a try and see if it works? Remember to check the file Setting.ini to verify if TouchWidthMax and TouchHeightMax values correspond to your devices. Change them if necessary before running the tool.

The developer claims that TouchKey is fully functional on his Dell tablet and should be so on the others as well. If it indeed is, the Atom tablets should have been compatible with ArtDock given some sort of modification, since this tool is very likely another adaptation of Koide's RawInputControlTest script (Artdock's backbone) I believe.

5. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

Does it work on your x220t? If it does I may give it a try on my x230t. Nice to know it fully works on the Surface Pro 3

Swiped from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

6. cleft

It's still not fully functional on my x201t unfortunately. I need to use Simple mode which is basically the same as lblb's Toolbar Creator.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
    ron2k_1 likes this.
  7. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

I'll still give it a try on my x230t sometime then. I'm surprised they say it's fully functional on the SP3, it being N-trig and different from the rest of the lot. I'll give it a try when I get mines later in the month.

Swiped from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

8. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

I tried Touchkey on my Thinkpad Tablet 2, and it works. I can hold down the Spacebar provided, and use pen input simultaneously in Sketchbook Pro to pan and resize. So, it can be done on an Atom tablet, and this program is doing it.

The issue? Everything is in Japanese, and it's all gobbledygoock. It's not even characters, just gibberish. How do I get my computer to read the provided text? And then, once done, how do I get it translated, so I can build a layout of my own?

9. cleft

@Steve B
    It's great to to hear that TouchKey works with TPT2!

In order to create a new toolbar, first one needs to make a profile that specifies in which application(s) this toolbar is used. Say I want to create a toolbar to use with Clip Studio Paint. The steps include
    1. Creating a text file named "processList.txt" and "csp.txt" (without quotes) inside TouchKey folder
    2. Opening processList.txt and typing the following in
      Code:
      ,macro
      CLIPStudioPaint,csp
    The 1st line means that a toolbar defined in "macro.txt" (also inside TouchKey folder) is used as default toolbar. This is actually the toolbar shown when you first launch TouchKey.exe. The 2nd line tells TouchKey to switch to the toolbar defined in "csp.txt" when process CLIPStudioPaint.exe is launched. You can add more profiles by adding new lines with the same format
    Code:
    process_name, toolbar_name
    * process_name can be found in Task Manager

Next, open csp.txt and define a toolbar, for eg as follow
    Code:
    P,,0,+80 -80,1,1
    E,,0,+69 -69,1,1
    Space,,1,+32,1,2
    Undo,,0,+17 +90 -90 -17,1,1
    Redo,,0,+17 +89 -89 -17,1,1
    +,,0,+17 +107 -107 -17,1,1
    -,,0,+17 +109 -109 -17,1,1
    TAB,,0,+9 -9,2,1
    Zoom,,2,+17 +187 -187 -17/+17 +189 -189 -17,1,2
    The 1st line indicates number of columns (3). From the 2nd line onwards, buttons are in this format.
    Code:
    caption, button_image_name, button_type, key_sequence, button_width, button_height

It results to the toolbar on the left. Number of columns can also be changed to 2 which results to the toolbar on the right.
    [​IMG]

That's it!

* note:
    • in key_sequence, + and - indicate Down and Up key, numbers indicate key ids. Eg: +17 +90 is equivalent to {ctrl down}{z down}. Complete list can be found in a weird named text file.
    • you don't need to manually define most of the key sequences though. Open MacroEditor.exe and follow these 7 steps
      [​IMG]
    • There are 2 more button types that are not covered by MacroEditor.exe:
      • 6 (flick): allows sending hotkeys in 4 directions. Standard key_sequence is replaced by upto 5 sequences. For example
        Code:
        ,,6,*p/*q/*r/*s/*t,1,1
        defines an 1x1 button that sends letter p when pressed, and q/r/s/t when swyped left/up/down/right
      • 99 (toolbar switcher): switch to a predefined toolbar. Standard key_sequence is replaced by this toolbar name. For example
        Code:
        ,,99,numkey,1,1
        defines an 1x1 button that switch to a toolbar defined in numkey.txt

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
    Marty likes this.
  10. dream3

dream3 Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey guys, I'm not sure if anyone is still going to use ArtDock now that TouchKey is viable but anyways, I made an improved version of artdock specifically for photoshop users. I'm on a surface pro 2 but you are welcome to try in other devices.

I modified a few icons and added what I think are the best shortcuts and functions for a smooth digital painting/sketching experience.

Here are 2 ss:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here are the img files and the txt document for use with artdock:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/fj26b1v7r15gpg9/dream3_ps_artdock.rar

If anyone actually tries that out I'd like to hear some feedback!

cleft, ron2k_1 and surfaceproartist like this.