Artdock guide-- compatibility and links

Discussion in 'Artists' started by Steve B, Aug 31, 2013.

1. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hi guai33333,

Koide's current blog is here: RawInputControlTest.ahk BBS
    It doesn't seem to be active at all and Koide hasn't upddated the info here or on his main page in a long while.

His now defunct "past" blog is here: RawInputControlTest.ahk BBS

The button at the bottom of the page will allow you to go to the previous 10 posts (I think Koide may have closed it because of all the crap messages that appeared). If I remember correctly, the most recent posts that are relevant to his script are the ones about the x201t, and I think these are around post #40.

2. FlameStream

FlameStream Pen Pal - Newbie

ron2k_1 likes this.
  3. dream3

dream3 Scribbler - Standard Member

Could a altruistic genious port this version (ArtDock by Konartist3D on deviantART) of artdock for use with the surface pro?

From my testings, all that it needs is to be reworked into SP's resolution. Besides that, all the functions are working good.

4. Ice

Ice Pen Pal - Newbie

dream3, what issues are you having with that version of the ArtDock with the surface pro? I've been using it for some time and the resolution looks fine to me.

5. dream3

dream3 Scribbler - Standard Member

haha I think I got that fixed a while ago, maybe couple months.

What do think that artdock users would benefit from is a way to disable the palm rejection on surface pro. Then artdock could literally be transformed in "virtual buttons".

Right now you have to release the pen and touch the button, as opposed to leaving the pen right where it is and touch the button, as we would do with a physical tablet.

6. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Now that the Surface Pro 3 is N-Trig, is there any hope of running ArtDock?

7. lblb

Hi surfaceproartist,

Your coverage of the SP3 is really great. Keep up the efforts!

Since it's proven difficult to adapt ArtDock-like scripts to different systems, I'm not sure the question is "WILL it work?" The question, which you are currently in the best position to answer, is: DOES it work?

8. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I haven't tried, but my guess is it won't. It would be great if I understood the portions of the script that need to be edited per device. Whatever happened to Dr. Bunson Honeydew, the fellow who originally ported Konartist3D's script over to the Surface Pro?

9. lblb

I don't think anyone around here was ever able to figure out how it works. DrBunsonHoneyDew and others like Konartist3D really only changed the interface (like the original developer intended it to be feasible) but they didn't actually make it work on other systems: it just happened to work on the Surface Pro. I've described in post #39 above how the process of editing it per device worked. But quite frankly, I don't think those of us who tried to understand how it works (among the great contributors were cleft, hunter99 and Shizaru) ever figured it out. But I may be wrong and I'd be happy if anyone can correct me. Since my ol' trusty EP121 is turning into ol' rusty, I may look into buying a SP3 much later this year so maybe I'll be able to look into the question.

10. testdrive7

testdrive7 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm trying to add a 'lock screen rotation' shortcut to ArtDock, which is: WinKey+o, but I cannot figure out how to do it. I'm not really familiar with coding, but can figure out how to substitute some shortcuts in the .txt file, but this WinKey+o is not happening for me.
    I've tried without success:
    {WinKey}{o}
    {WinKey}{o Down}{o Up}
    WinKey+{o Down}{o Up}

If you know the answer for ArtDock, I would love to hear it. Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014