Artdock guide-- compatibility and links

Discussion in 'Artists' started by Steve B, Aug 31, 2013.

1. hunter99

hunter99 To Old Now

Hi guai33333:
    It appears that you are still using the ahk file that uses turning off the HID to shut off touch. See my post #2 particularly paragraphs 10 and 11. The fact that in your video, you can touch the keys in the dock and the right thing happens; the the touch turns off. So the the dock window and the digitizer panel appear to be in sync. The touch on/off keys are not sending the right commands.

See Here: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/software/56322-apps-tablet-pc-5.html
    post 49. I give the key code changes you need at the bottom of the post as well as the zip file, TGuard.zip. You then should be good to go.
    hunter99

2. guai33333

guai33333 Pen Pal - Newbie

I tried your tguard method and I confirmed that tguard is not working in my x201t.
    I pushed touch off button but my finger is still working and of cause artdock panels are not touchable while digitizer is on the screen.

VID 20131007 210212 - YouTube <-here's the proof.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  3. guai33333

I think x201t's HID drivers are totally different to other devices. list of HIDs are 21 with wacom official up-to-date driver contrary to 28 with lenovo's multitouch driver which only I can use artdock partially(without digitizer). the following is list of added with lenovo's driver

virtual touch driver
    virtual touch interface
    wacom hid digitizer
    wacom hid pen
    wacom two finger touch
    wacom virtual hid driver

maybe the key is in here but I got no clue.

I'm just hopping that someone let me know that how to extract touch value of my human interface devices and where to put that in AHK file. it will be the only solution for x201t.

4. hunter99

hunter99 To Old Now

Hi guai33333:
    OK I see in the video that TGuard is not working right . But lets start with the HIDS, you don't want to go that route, as all we do there is disable the device. It is like a master switch and stops touch for everything. Looking at the specs for the x201t, I see it comes with Win7. Is that right? If so then the regwrites to TouchGate should have turned the touch on and off. Remember that we are talking just about the touch, it has nothing to to with ArtDock. All that is being done is puting commands in Artdock to turn on or off the touch either by the regwrites or a external program like TGuard or TM2. These commands can be given without ArtDock or AutoHotkey.
    I'm assuming you did the little test in the last paragraph of post#2, the one using the number pad and it was OK.
    One thing I do see is that you are using a very old Wacom ISD driver 7.0.2.29, the TGuard was made quite few months after it and works by hooking onto the Wacom ISD. So maybe it is not compatable to the old driver. Likewise the regwrites. The latest driver is 7.1.1-16. By the way it works fine on my ASUS and Helix. The ASUS is Win7 and Helix is Win8.
    I would uninstall the old one and install the new. Then try TGuard, just run it by double clicking it and then do your test as in the video, but not using the keys on the dock. If it is good you can then use the keys on the dock, or if you are on Win7 you can then use the regwrites as in the original.
    Here is what you want:

Legacy Drivers | Wacom

TABLET PC &#8211; Enhanced Tablet Driver 7.1.1-16 30 Jul 2013 Notes Download

hunter99

5. guai33333

thanks for your helps and giving much time to discuss on this with me. I'm afraid to say this.
    I have installed and remove every version of wacom drivers(from x201t's initial date to very recent 7.1.1-16) like a thousand time.
    but result was finger touch on artdock only works with lenovo official site's driver which is 7.0.2.29 for x201t.
    as I mentioned above, regular driver from lenovo is little bit different to general wacom drivers.
    only it can turn on some touch HID compatible with artdock.
    so once I replace it other verion, artdock turns white elephant no matter tguard is on or off.

6. guai33333

x201t official and uptodate wacom driver with artdock - YouTube

to confirm what I mentioned above, I ran artdock with lenovo's original(I think lenovo edited wacom's 7.0.2-29 somewhat to be compatible to x201t)*,
    remove it, installed 7.1.1-16 and ran artdock with tguard.

*this is 7.1.1-16's HID list
    WIN_20131007_213547.jpg

and this is lenovo multitouchi driver's(7.0.2-29 edited by lenovo, if my theory is right.)
    WIN_20131008_213615.jpg

as you can see, there are more devices with #.2
    it means a particular HID(appears with 7.0.2-26, disappear with 7.1.1-16) contains something that
    activating artdock compatibility. obviously 7.1.1-16 or other wacom drivers don't have it and make artdock useless on my x201t.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  7. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

It's a shame that Artdock is so difficult to configure and get working.... :(

8. hunter99

hunter99 To Old Now

View attachment Koides screenshot page- BING xlat3.zip
    Hi guai33333:
    Sad to see it's still not working. But there still is hope, I see from your video that you are on Win7 so either TGuard or the orig keys on dock should work. If everything else is good. But remember they have nothing to do with Artdock, the fact that you should be able to turn touch on or off with the keys on Artdock is a Artdock function. Not TGuard or the regwrite commands of the orig. script.
    It does appear that there is a HID problem, those missing HID's as shown by your pic's. I think the problem is that in changing the Wacom drivers as suggested by them, you removed the old and then added the new.
    Yes "and this is lenovo multitouchi driver's(7.0.2-29 edited by lenovo, if my theory is right)" you are right. I seem to remember this problem in the ASUS forum. Its as follows:
    When the computer shipped it was with 7.0.2.29, this is not a single driver but a package containing drv's, dll's, etc. and the app you see in control panel called "Pen Tablet Properties". Lenovo then modified or added software in it, to take advantage of Lenovo's added features. It is not the same package I would get from the Wacom web site. Forget Artdock while you do the following.
    So what you have to do is get it back running on 7.0.2.29 so all your touch and pen functions work as they should. Now you just install 7.1.1.16 right on top of it. This will just install the new or updated software, not touching the stuff that Lenovo supplied.
    If all seems good try Artdock again. I know it's a real pain. I am attaching a PDF I copied from Koide's site and translated using Bing from the Japanese. There seems to be a lot lost in translation. But it may give you some idea of what he had in mind.
    good luck, hunter99

9. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hi guai33333,

I'm not sure you'll be able to get it to work on your X201t, but it sure doesn't hurt to try. In any case, you've got a powerful and knowledgeable ally in hunter99 in your quest to make it work!

Here are a few suggestions:

1) The original developer (Koide) tried his hand at making the script work on the x201t but he wasn't able to make it work correctly. So that doesn't bode very well. His efforts were documented on his blog. When he was working on trying to make it work on the x201t, it was at the request of cleft, who is an active member on this TabletPC Reviews forum. So maybe you can contact cleft to ask him if he was ever able to make it work. (Just know that they were working on Koide's original script, and not on ArtDock, which someone else prepared from koide's script).

2) The last post in Koide's discussion with cleft was this one by Koide:

If you take anything from this last post, I think it may be that the touch input problems were still present and that even Koide couldn't solve them.

3) When trying to adapt his script to tablets other than the EP121, Koide exchanged messages and data with other users. I've described the process at the end of post #43 here:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/apps-for-tablet-pc.56322/page-3#post-334187

Anyways, Koide shared two tools that he used in order to adapt his script to other systems. The first one is linked in the quote from his blog in point 2) above and is also the one I uploaded in post #43 mentioned above. I've uploaded the second tool below. I absolutely don't know what he made of the data that was obtained with these tools (it may in fact be very simple, I just haven't had time to study it... or maybe it's not simple at all!) but maybe you can get inspiration from my description in post #43 and from using the two tools?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  10. guai33333

thank you for you guys' concern first,

digitizer is not working(acctually it's working but it keep clicking same point, upleft side, no matter I click different points on the screen)
    once I overwrite newest driver on lenovo's. so it's not an option I guess.

I'll examine some of you gave me with not that big hope
    because Koide almost said dead sentence on x201t I think.
    I contacted cleft before and he has no solution so far.

p.s
    could you give me a link contains the Koide's discussion you quoted?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013