ArtDock for the Samsung Series 7 Slate

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Konartist3D, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maeflower

Maeflower Pen Pal - Newbie

It sounds like you guys are having a problem with the auto hide function. Are you trying to use the ArtDock with a mouse or pen? It is meant to be used with Touch.
    You may be able to disable the auto hide in the AHK file. Near the bottom there are a few lines like:
    "Hide window if cursor comes over the window" and "Show window if cursor leaves from window". That's what's causing your frustration.
    There's also a disable left click command in there. I wonder if you get rid of all of those lines then maybe it will let you use it with a mouse/pen.

2. swindmiller

swindmiller Scribbler - Standard Member

I posted this on the Deviantart site as well but figured I would ask here too :D

Is there any way to launch it directly into a sub-dock (PhotoShop)?
    I wanted to have the dock launch automatically with PhotoShop...just a bat or ahk that would run the PhotoShop exe and autodock but I want it go directly to the PhotoShop section.
    Something like c:\artdock\artdock.ahk control:photoshopdock ?
    Thanks.

3. azelll

azelll Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everyone, thanks for the great work, I love the Artdock on my Samsung, I always use it,
    but I also own a couple of Motion Computing j3400, and I was wondering if there is a way to use this dock for a single input digitizer, something in between the artdock, and the Photoshop toolbar basically, is it possible?
    it would make my life, and a lot of other users way better, Hehe :)
    thank you everyone
    :)

childrens book, character design, ipad app,illustration cartoon » book illustrator cartoon illustration character children children illustrator Ipad illustration IPhone art illustrated colorful art illustration cute character creation » AlessandroVen

4. Shizaru

Shizaru Scribbler - Standard Member

Yet another modified ArtDock - this one includes the Inkscape addition mentioned a page or so back plus my attempt to add GIMP support. There are two modes available like the PS tab the GIMP version can be used on the left or split horizontal and vertical bars. There is a jpg file included which outlines the options assigned to each button on the GIMP ArtDock.

Download Link: ArtDock_Gimp_03052013.zip *
    File Size 6,526 KB also Includes AutoHotkey_L
    It seems to works OK on my ATIV 700T1C and Win8 - no touch on off is available directly from ArtDock.
    ArtDock has profiles for other hardware devices:
    ASUS EP121 / B121 - Samsung Series 7 Slate / ATIV 700T - HP Slate 500 / TM2 - Thinkpad X201 Tablet

* Update: Added GIMP and Inkscape to the Lefty version.

GIMP Download
    GIMP Portable
    GIMP Portable Help v2.8.0 Multiple Languages Supported

Inkscape Download
    Inkscape Portable

[​IMG]

Hopefully someone will find this addition useful.

EDIT: Added GIMP and Inkscape to the Lefty version.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. Lepra

Lepra Pen Pal - Newbie

i own a Microsoft surface pro. i tried the artdock but when i pressed the turn off touch there was no way to turn it on again and i had to reinstall the surface 2 times.
    Now i removed the touch from the bar so i cant press them. but there couple of other issues.
    Surface has a property to zoom your desktop to 150% but then the Artdock gets out of sync. Another issue is that i cant press any buttons becouse the artdock vanishes
    when i try to press any button there.

Now i wounder there is no other way to build a Program or app to make a Artdock so its easy to configure and use ?
    becouse as it is now you need to be a programmer to even get in to that code littlebit. and its really not my thing.

well. i hear it work noce on other systems so maby it can be configured for windows 8 and surface pro also.

//Lepra

6. Featherbeard

Featherbeard Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello there! Anyone out there using Artdock with Corel Painter? For the most part it works pretty well, however changing brush sizes with a slider makes my system (Series 7 slate) slow to an absolute crawl until it's finished. Any ideas? Thanks! :)

7. kretin

kretin Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you Konartist for this great tool.

I am using it on an HP TM2, but have a big problem. The tap buttons are working great, but the held down buttons - Shift, Alt, Ctrl - work, but are disabled as soon as the pen gets close to the screen, and when they're held down no other finger touches register. It's like multi-touch is disabled, but multi-touch gestures still work. Does anyone know of a setting that can stop this behaviour?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.