Art Programs- user reviews and preferences

Discussion in 'Artists' started by Steve B, Sep 21, 2011.

1. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

2. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Cool.
    I'd like to see if they were able to reduce the cpu usage (the real problem with krita) compared to the past.

3. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You can try disabling View > Instant Preview to improve CPU lag.

However, I am still getting the initial stroke vectoring: when making rapid hook strokes, the first part (and sometimes end) of the curve is jagged:

[​IMG]

Do you know of a solution?

4. Azzart

@Marty: if you can wait until the release date of the new Surface Pro, because right now I only have the iPad :rolleyes::D (this situation gives me shivers down the spine)

5. Marty

Oh yeah...you somehow managed to send away the love of your life (again), whom you would "never betray"... :D

I think it's time @dstrauss pass on the crown for "The King of Returns" to our new champion. :p

dstrauss and Azzart like this.
  6. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I second that (e)motion...:cool:

7. Azzart

Hey, I only sent back a cintiq 27 and two surface books. I'm not worthy!:rolleyes:

8. Marty

Lol, who said you're done?

We all know this is going to continue until a Surface Studio ends up on your desk (or you are banned from Amazon :p)

Azzart likes this.
  9. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

That's weird, I don't get that at all. Maybe it's a digitizer issue? Driver issue? I sometimes got weird issues with art programs on the TPT2 (that is, if they ran at all.)

So I downloaded it from the store (fun fact: the store says it won't run on my TPT2. To be fair, it didn't work even before it was in the store.) and was promptly reminded of why I hate Krita. There's zero touch awareness. It took me forever just to figure out how to zoom, and even that sucked. I was so put off by the complete lack of touch settings that I didn't do more than verify that I didn't get the vectoring issue. It wasn't installed on my T901 for more than 5 minutes.

I also vaguely remember, from previous attempts at this program, that it wasn't super tablet friendly either. Keyboard shortcuts galore, no thanks. My quick glance through settings tells me that this hasn't changed.

But ok, it was definitely a proof of concept for me that full art programs can be offered through the store. I'd still rather buy directly from the manufacturer though, since I can control which version I install, etc.

10. Marty

Interesting, I don't get any problems with touch gestures (pan and zoom that is) which seem very responsive.

I believe this is an issue with WinTab (EMR) vs RealTimeStylus (N-Trig) as the lack of pressure for me would suggest...can anyone else confirm?