Arrived! tx2500z

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by evensong, Jun 20, 2008.

1. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

Toshiba offers vista, they don't offer home premium, they offer business & ultimate.

2. evensong

evensong Pen Pal - Newbie

EVEREST shows a difference of 64MB between frame buffer and total memory ;).

3. pardes3

pardes3 Scribbler - Standard Member

even song, if you have set of dual channel memory sitting around, try running WEI with dual channel memory and see if it changes to 4.1. I ordered mine with 3 gb as well and will prolly get 3.7 as well.

4. tC_Crazy

tC_Crazy Pen Pal - Newbie

Wouldn't it increase in any case if you had 4GB of RAM? Since it's the lowest score that makes up the WEI, and graphics performance is the lowest, AND adding more than 3GB of RAM allows 1GB of shared memory to go to the IGP (or however much it maxes out at) without losing any usable memory in 32-bit Windows.

Then the IGP reports x MB of RAM, which is greater than what it currently is with 3GB of shared memory. That would cause WEI to increase. (theoretically)

Am I missing anything here? I understand that dual-channel synchronous is faster than asynchronous but wouldn't any combination of 4GB raise the video score in the WEI?

5. hoschi

hoschi Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

in your first post you said you going to purchase a screen protector. Have you tried it, cause I also want such thing for my display. My biggest questions about this:
    - can you see more in dailight?
    - how much better is it in normal office room wiht neon sunlight?
    - how responsive is the touch and pen usage with the protector?

thank your for your review