Are You Having Pro 3 Problems; Did You Change Something?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Steve S, Jul 8, 2014.

?

Am I Having Pro 3 Problems or Not?

Poll closed Jul 22, 2014.
  1. I changed something and I'm having problems

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. I changed something but I'm not having problems

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. I didn't change anything and I'm having problems

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. I didn't change anything and no problems!

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toucan

toucan Pen Pal - Newbie

I have had only one problem that I have identified so far (yay).

When I first received the SP3 I did have WiFi issues on my home network. I use an ASUS AC router (5G). I was getting some ridiculously slow speeds. This past weekend I also had some disconnect issues, but that also showed up on my home computer as well, so doubtful it was something with the SP3.
    I did do the device removal and re-installation step at that point.

Up until yesterday, when I did do the firmware update and some other installs, that was the only issue I had encountered thus far. I also had almost nothing installed onto the SP3 -- just Dropbox, I think.

I have not checked anything since yesterday's update to see about WiFi speeds or anything else...

2. manuelcalavera

manuelcalavera Scribbler - Standard Member

You can download the latest driver. It is in the latest firmware pack of Microsoft updates.

3. ericshmerick

ericshmerick Scribbler - Standard Member

Firmware updates will fix all of this. Wifi fix coming next week. No concerns here.

4. jb82

jb82 Scribbler - Standard Member

Had wifi issues with the i5 I ordered when it first came out. Same with the replacement I tried. Would not connect to my wifi router when I first booted up the surface. Would have to manually connect or disconnect then reconnect for it to work. Firmware updates did not fix it.
    Tried a surface i3 1August - same thing happened! I thought oh no not again but then I remember the firware update had yet to be installed. Once the latest firmware update was installed it now works perfectly!

5. johnnobts

johnnobts Pen Pal - Newbie

my i7 256gb pro 3 battery life has been weak. just running with display around 30-40 percent, wifi on, all notifications off, and only using internet explorer and word (newest version), i'm lucky to get 4.5 hours. anybody else have pitiful battery life on their i7? may go back to the i5 version just for the extra 2 hours. performance increase has not been noticeable for me when it comes to gaming at all.

6. daver

daver Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You're lucky you were even getting 6.5 hours with your i5.

Even after replacing my i5, I am still only getting 4.5 hours...

7. RobertFresks

RobertFresks Pen Pal - Newbie

SP3 i5/4/128 - works like a charm with different wifi nets. Beefed up the brightness a little on battery and full with adapter. No problem coming out of sleep.

8. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I have a new and rather odd problem. I decided that my SP3 should graduate to main computer. So I unhoooked Everything from my HP Pavilion g7 and started to hook up my SP3 to all the goodies.
    The first thing I connected was my Anker 9 hub USB 3 port (AC connected) and then I started adding my external drives. Well, that was an interesting experience. Everything connected through the hub (connected to the docking station) took almost two minutes to be recognized and added in File Manager. It took me like ten minute to add Three HDDs, one SSD and one regular USB 64 GB memory. All I can say is wow!
    Don't get me wrong, they are all connected and work fine, but now I'm almost scared to disconnect them because it will take the same amount of time when I reconnect.

9. gatehouse

gatehouse Pen Pal - Newbie

I have one major issue across all surface pro platforms, SP1, SP2, SP3. and they all have same flickering issues to be solved.

Hello everyone

I recently encountered the screen flickering at low brightness level with unchecked auto brightness and disabled adaptive contrast , and have installed pwm adjuster software (intel_HD_pwm_adjuster.zip) . However, it did not work out as expected. Has anyone solved this problem ?

According to the following website's link, the PWM frequency at low brightness (below 55% I suppose) is less than 200 Hz.

http://www.surfaceforums.net/thread...how-i-got-rid-of-it-buyers-beware.9399/page-2

The link for intel_HD_pwm_adjuster.zip can be found here :

http://www.surfaceforums.net/threads/surface-pro-pro-2-eye-strain.8731/

10. samiapple

samiapple Pen Pal - Newbie

Talking zbout the bug, WI-FI will be the NO.1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.