Are you happy of your Asus R1e?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by KingBorn88, Jan 9, 2008.

?

Are you happy of your Asus R1e?

1. It is the best tablet of ever!!

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. Very good purchase

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Good Tablet but it isn't perfect

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  4. Not as good as i believed...if i could i will change it...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. It has been a big mistake.......!!!

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingBorn88

KingBorn88 Pen Pal - Newbie

Are you happy of your purchase? Do you regret it?

p.s.

I've just ordered my Asus R1e.:rolleyes:

2. hamud

hamud Pen Pal - Newbie

for me and when i see the other tablet , i think asus R1 is the best till now !

3. Vandroiy

Vandroiy Pen Pal - Newbie

I cannot answer that yet.

In the beginning, the chaotic software didn't please me, so I did a clean installation. Since then, I'm trying to get all the drivers and stuff together and working, which prooves to be a pain as in really hard. I''ll publish a full version of what I did on my blog at winhlp.com here if I ever finish. I just managed to get control of the Santa Rosa FSB switching. (New RM Clock version coming up! Using the beta now.)

But many functions are still heavily unreliable or unresponsive. The buttons, switches, screen rotation, fingerprint reader all only work sporadically and in weird ways.

I think a decent set of functioning essential drivers would make this tablet close to perfect. But since it seems these don't exist, so it might be not so good really.

Especially when several drivers become unreliable and hard to understand even for experienced users, I get my doubts. (wireless console fails -> had to uninstall, ATK Hotkey fails on almost every try but there's nothing to replace it, can't start igfxtray anymore, the FSB is dependant on whether BlueTooth is on?)

If I ever get it under control, It'll be the best mobile computer I know.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. jerelyn

jerelyn Scribbler - Standard Member

Some things have been great, but...the screen viewing angles and graininess are really wearing me down. It's not the drawing heaven I had hoped it would be because of that.

And the fact that I have to gimp my $3k cintiq if I want to use the tablet drivers because of driver conflicts just...ugh...that's all kinds of wrong.

I'm seriously starting to consider what I hadn't wanted to before. Giving up on the dream of "one computer to rule them all". Getting a massive, powerful, desktop-replacement laptop (like the Dell 2010) for my gaming and heavy-duty arting, and trade the ASUS r1E in for something smaller, lighter, wimpier, and with a better screen (like the fujitsu 2010 or the dell xt or maybe even the toshiba m700 if I want to keep the same power but just get a better screen). Because I do love to draw with it until my eyes go crosseyed from the screen.

5. pyhsu5168

pyhsu5168 Pen Pal - Newbie

For me, the screen is ok.

I love the battery life ( 2 battery for me can be used 6 hour)

The drawback of r1e is kind of heavy.

I can not hold for a long time to explain something by it.

However, compare to other 12.1" tablet, the weight is ok.

6. Dayanim

Dayanim Pen Pal - Newbie

I really lvoe this tablet. I think it COULD be the perfect tablet for me. Screen doesnt bother me, keyboard is nice, its fast (got the 2.4ghz w/ 4gig ram) BUT
    the mouse pointer issue is a real problem for me. Its not been a reliable machine so far and im going to get tech support to fix it (or attempt to) very soon.

Im pretty unimpressed with the level of support for it as well from Asus themselves.

Basically if this issue were dealt with by Asus i think this would be my perfect tablet!

7. Dayanim

Dayanim Pen Pal - Newbie

update on that. putting in for a refund, there is no fix for the mouse/pen pointer issue :( sad way to go.

8. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 Pen Pal - Newbie

At first, I was really pissed because everything was perfect except for the annoying right-clicking problem when in battery mode. I have solved this problem (see my post here) and am now perfectly happy with the R1E. I chose this because it was the most powerful tablet in its class (2.4 Ghz, 2 GB DDR2, etc.) and it came with a bag, 2nd battery (adds about 2~3 hrs more), and an S-video-to-Composite cable for universal hookups to TV or projector.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. vidalvic

vidalvic Pen Pal - Newbie

I am happy atm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.