Are you buying a new iPad Pro?

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by COGBABY, Jun 9, 2017.

Tags:
?

Are you buying a new iPad Pro?

1. Yes, a 12.9 inch.

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. Yes, a 10.5 inch.

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. Thinking about it...

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  4. Nope!

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  1. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

I have 2 iPads that I don't use, and to me they are basically a big smartphone. For tablet, I wanted something that had a full computer OS on it, so its the new Surface Pro. Love it. But I also don't draw... not artistic in that way. My inking is all note taking and business "drawing".. diagrams, flow charts, etc..

COGBABY likes this.
  2. grawhill

grawhill Pen Pal - Newbie

i think your leather is quality, I saw your article great explain

3. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

On a whim i picked a new 12.9pro to see how i liked it (apple has a nice return policy). the drawing experience was fundamentally the same as gen 1 (good enough, but not even close to the feel of wacom pro pen 2, IMO) so i decided to return it and just keep my old 9.7 if i ever need a ultra portable light weight tablet. Ive been considering a Galaxy book because it has a EMR pen, and runs more powerful software packages. I Just want to try it before i buy it somewhere. I think it might be a better tablet for me than the ipad pro. i just never liked the feel of the apple pencil much. if they make the stylus better i would consider a future ipad pro. its a nice tablet.

darkmagistric likes this.
  4. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If I may ask, how is the battery capacity on your 9.7 Pro holding up? On mine I'm already noticing a significant dip in battery life. I used to charge it every day or so....now I find myself charging it way more frequently, pretty much nightly now. Just web browsing in Safari it can kill 10% battery life in less then 20 minutes.

5. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

i bought mine used off ebay around new year when i picked up the MSP. so far it seems to be consistent. i have not noticed any degradation. 5-10% battery drain per hour using Safari I would roughly estimate.

6. steven

steven Pen Pal - Newbie

On page 1 i said i'd buy the Ipad 12.9. I've been trying to. Fulfilment of my order has been delayed 5 times to now august 24th. With 2 months delay i'll now cancel my order and see if i can test a galaxy book 12 somewhere.

edit: my backup-order has now also been delayed 3 times and the latest update says that they can't give a delivery date anymore.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017