Are you buying a new iPad Pro?

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by COGBABY, Jun 9, 2017.

Tags:
?

Are you buying a new iPad Pro?

1. Yes, a 12.9 inch.

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. Yes, a 10.5 inch.

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. Thinking about it...

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  4. Nope!

13 vote(s)
    44.8%
  1. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

I have 2 iPads that I don't use, and to me they are basically a big smartphone. For tablet, I wanted something that had a full computer OS on it, so its the new Surface Pro. Love it. But I also don't draw... not artistic in that way. My inking is all note taking and business "drawing".. diagrams, flow charts, etc..

COGBABY likes this.
  2. grawhill

grawhill Pen Pal - Newbie

i think your leather is quality, I saw your article great explain

3. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

On a whim i picked a new 12.9pro to see how i liked it (apple has a nice return policy). the drawing experience was fundamentally the same as gen 1 (good enough, but not even close to the feel of wacom pro pen 2, IMO) so i decided to return it and just keep my old 9.7 if i ever need a ultra portable light weight tablet. Ive been considering a Galaxy book because it has a EMR pen, and runs more powerful software packages. I Just want to try it before i buy it somewhere. I think it might be a better tablet for me than the ipad pro. i just never liked the feel of the apple pencil much. if they make the stylus better i would consider a future ipad pro. its a nice tablet.

WillAdams and darkmagistric like this.
  4. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If I may ask, how is the battery capacity on your 9.7 Pro holding up? On mine I'm already noticing a significant dip in battery life. I used to charge it every day or so....now I find myself charging it way more frequently, pretty much nightly now. Just web browsing in Safari it can kill 10% battery life in less then 20 minutes.

5. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

i bought mine used off ebay around new year when i picked up the MSP. so far it seems to be consistent. i have not noticed any degradation. 5-10% battery drain per hour using Safari I would roughly estimate.

6. steven

steven Pen Pal - Newbie

On page 1 i said i'd buy the Ipad 12.9. I've been trying to. Fulfilment of my order has been delayed 5 times to now august 24th. With 2 months delay i'll now cancel my order and see if i can test a galaxy book 12 somewhere.

edit: my backup-order has now also been delayed 3 times and the latest update says that they can't give a delivery date anymore.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  7. brant

brant Pen Pal - Newbie

I am thinking of a 12.9" iPad Pro. I love bigger screen and want to have amazing processor. Still need to search for more details of iPad models to make sure that I can make a righ decision.

8. CreateNowSleepLater

CreateNowSleepLater Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmmm. This speaks to me. I love EMR.

siddhartth and DaniJoy like this.
  9. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member

I love the pencil's accuracy and tilt in Procreate but 12.9 and 4GB have always put me off spending my cash. The slippery smooth surface of the pencil itself is not great either. Mind you, whenever I've had traditional drawing tools that gave great results but had horrible tactile feel I've always made bespoke grips to hold them by.

The other thing is that Microsoft started off the Surface Pro line advertising it in Europe as an alternative to the iPad but they kept developing and it's now quite a powerful line of tools. Apple have taken their eye off this particular ball and to me, the 12.9 iPad is in need of a huge refresh to justify the "Pro" tag.

If Apple offered 3 sizes - the biggest being 15" or thereabout, 8-16GB RAM and a more professional feeling pencil body, I wouldn't be able to keep my money in my bank account. I think one day they will - just to develop the digitiser so it could go into a 21" iMac (with my bad luck this would be around 2035 when I don't care anymore) or similar.

WillAdams likes this.
  10. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

If you consider how many professional artists use the iPad Pro for actual production drawing at some level compared to the Surface Pro...
    I wonder how big is that number : maybe 20:1? I guess it's more around 100:1 in favor of the iPad.