Are there good Wacom AES or MPP devices that support linux?

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by Hell-Cat, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Hell-Cat

Hell-Cat Pen Pal - Newbie

You clearly haven't measured plain monitors with EMF meters. I have.

Building biology guideline and bioinitiative report say non-ionizing radiation becomes dangerous above 100uW/m^2. Anything above 10uW/m^2 isn't good, either.

Non-ionizing radiation and non-heating radiation can both be dangerous and cause DNA mutations.

If you want to dispute further, come back with measurements of electric field, magnetic field, and electromagnetic radiation.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  2. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

I think you're severely confused. Bluetooth outputs at most 0.1 watt, that's the maximum legally permissible power. A 300-nits display outputs about 0.250 watts of light. Bluetooth operates at 2.4GHz which has no known health effects other than producing heat when absorbed. Visible light, in particular blue light, has known and severe health effects, like promoting macular degeneration and cancer.

I don't think you understand what you're measuring.

3. Hell-Cat

Hell-Cat Pen Pal - Newbie

Blindly stating that I am severely confused or I don't understand what I'm measuring is rude. I want you to be a bit respectful if you want kindness to be reciprocated. If you want to engage me further, show some respect.

0.1 watt translates into 100mW, and measurements are usually made in mW/m^2 or uW/m^2. Actual exposure level depends on surface area.

Here's building biology guideline.

building biology guideline.jpg

https://bioinitiative.org/table-of-contents/ presents various evidences of non-heating low-level microwave as carcinogen.

Blue light can be harmful at night because it reduces melatonin, but visible light itself isn't harmful if it's natural light. Reduction of melatonin can lead to cancer because melatonin is essential to immune system strength. Blue light or visible light from everyday light sources doesn't directly cause widespread cellular damage which microwave can cause indiscriminately.

Above 100uW/m^2, microwave can damage DNA faster than human cells can repair DNA.

Also, http://www.sammilham.com/Huntersvill OM report September 28.pdf indicates that electromagnetic radiation at 20khz is linked with eye cancer.

Different frequency bands of electromagnetic radiation have different effects. But, microwave is generally a lot more harmful than visible light. Microwave had been used against humans during world wars as invisible weapon, too.

If I measure a plain monitor and wacom cintiq with an AM radio, Wacom EMR emits a lot of electromagnetic radiation between 550khz and 600khz. It reaches into a few meters. A plain monitor's electromagnetic raidation in AM radio frequencies isn't nearly as strong as Wacom EMR's.

If you know watts but not mW/m^2, uW/m^2, or V/m, I think I understand what I measure better than you do. If you ever used an EMF meter in your life, you would have used one of those units. Why do I take you seriously if you never actually measured electromagnetic radiation and never heard of bioinitiative report and building biology guideline in your life? If you are trying to be respected, you are failing. Are you now going to state again that non-heating microwave doesn't cause damage while ignoring evidences I present in this comment? If you are going to willfully ignore researches, I won't engage you further. If you start considering researches, I may forgive you.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020 at 6:11 AM