Are there any Asus reps here?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Loaf., Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. storebror

storebror Scribbler - Standard Member

Yogi>> Bad news I´m afraid. Seems Asus wont deliver until late October and then it´s always the risk of them not making it and postponing. :(

I have asked around and it seems most stores will upgrade if you ask them...don´t know the prices though.

Sigh...seems I´ll have a long computerfree October ahead of me. :(

2. Fido

Fido Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm willing to wait. This is pretty much exactly what I was looking for.

3. storebror

storebror Scribbler - Standard Member

I ordered mine today...won´t come until late October...

If nobody has done a review by then I´ll come back with my thoughts on it. :)

Cheers.

4. pod_cagava

pod_cagava Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everyone!

This is my first time posting here :) I've been following the forums closely as I am in the final stages of a purchase - pushed a bit ahead of schedule as my company purchasing plan may be changing. First off a thank you to all of you for your input!

I am a real newbie here for Tablet, so I have a question for anyone who has seen or even worked with the R1F.

I understand the current US R1F configuration doesn't come with a discreet graphics solution. Given that other tablets have release refresh versions with discreet graphics in the past, is it possible to upgrade just the discreet graphics card later on? (or even right after purchase?)

I am wondering because I am deciding between the Asus (which I love the form factor as it fits my ideal size and weight) and the Gateway M285.

I have contacted a live sales rep online at Gateway, and he re-assured me about the M285 being using Wacom. Though I have a feeling he meant just the pen. Has anyone here used the M285 with a Wacom pen? (Just thought I'd ask!)

Thanks again for all your help!

5. Loaf.

Loaf. Scribbler - Standard Member

if asus ever refreshes the r1f with a graphics card it MIGHT be possible, but otherwise there wont be any chance of it. unfortunately, overall i wouldnt expect to ever be able to.

6. Tsukiyomi

Tsukiyomi Scribbler - Standard Member

Out of curiousity, what tablets have discrete graphics solutions? I'm not very familiar with any.

7. Loaf.

Loaf. Scribbler - Standard Member

there's like one acer and one or two toshiba's that have them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.