Are all R1Fs affected by the battery wear problem?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by frnchung, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DustinGreen

DustinGreen Pen Pal - Newbie

I could kick myself. I let a friend of mine use my computer while I was out. She used it until the battery died. I plugged it in and now my wear level is at 5%. I have been using my replacement battery for about 2-3 weeks now and I have remained at 0% until tonight. 5% isn't really a lot but I figure it is going to take about 15 minutes off. This really stinks! Prior to letting it run down this far I had not taken it below about 38%. I didn't dare go much farther than that.

2. kensei

kensei Scribbler - Standard Member

Woah, so you should never run down the battery on a laptop? Never heard of that before. I'll take caution.

3. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

No you shouldn't let it run down.
    It's a myth that just because you have a battery that has a scale of 0 - 100 you can let it go all the way down the scale.

I've mentioned it before but please read Battery University.com's principle on battery care.

I use it as religion and never have I had any battery give me any kind of problem.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. job

job Pen Pal - Newbie

Do any of you know of any software for Windows Vista that can measure the wear level of the battery?

5. Synthesis

Synthesis Pen Pal - Newbie

what is the point of getting a laptop and not being able to use the battery to the maximum? I never had a problem with my Fujistu and battery wear problem and therefore these battery shouldnt wear 5% every time you drain it...

6. Tsukiyomi

Tsukiyomi Scribbler - Standard Member

There isn't a point, I think its a bad batch of batteries. However, until Asus fixes the problem, either by replacing all of the bad ones with working new ones or a recall of batteries or something, it is advisable to not let it discharge past 20%.

On a sidenote: will tablets draw power from modular first, then main, both concurrently, or main, then modular?

7. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

They draw power from both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.