April 23, 2012 - Simplified Windows 8 Wacom Drivers Installation EP121.

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by chapmattman, Apr 23, 2012.

1. chapmattman

chapmattman Pen Pal - Newbie

If you have tried to use these forums to get Pressure, calibration, and Wacom drivers working in Windows 8, you know there is a lot of different stuff to do. It took me 3 hours of combing the forums, including the Samsung Series 7 Slate to come up with resolution, so I thought I would post my resolution for posterity in one clean post, with respect to CF77, porongo, chumomo and all.

For complete clarity, here is what I did. There is still a lag in my ArtRage watercolor brush if I move it fast (all other brushes work great for some reason), this has been there no matter what driver I use.

Everything else works, and you can calibrate the pen through control panel. All these instructions are after I did a "Refresh Your PC" in Windows 8, which was a while ago... It took me a month or so to find the time and space to delve deep into these forums for all the info to get the drivers working.

FIRST -
    CREATE A SYSTEM RESTORE POINT. No matter what you do, make one every time you install drivers or your tablet is at a basic "satisfactory" level. You can uninstall any drivers you have, or you can do a "refresh of Windows (from Windows 8. Note this will wipe any legacy apps you have from the HD)

SECOND -
    Installed 706-6 from HERE

THIRD -
    Restart computer. Download and run CCCleaner on Registry only. Fix all issues.

FOURTH -
    Restart

FIFTH -
    Downloaded 707-4 MOD from HERE.

SIXTH -
    Install 707-4 MOD.

Everything works, calibration available in control panel, very exciting stuff!

So, if MS would just make Disabling Touch easier, and fix the bug in OneNote that doesn't recognize pinch and zoom, this would be a perfect tablet.

Many Many Thanks to CF77, Chumomo, porongo and everyone else that helped with this.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. porongo

porongo Pen Pal - Newbie

"So, if MS would just make Disabling Touch easier, and fix the bug in OneNote that doesn't recognize pinch and zoom, this would be a perfect tablet."
    That means you have to disable eeti touch for drawing, right?
    So, the touch issue remains a pain in the s...

3. chapmattman

chapmattman Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes indeed it is a royal pain in the A--. I created a thread on MS answers page about this problem, and also sent a complaint to the Building Windows 8 blog email, which I will continue to do.

You can vote "helpful" on the thread in MSAnswers HERE

You can email MS about why this sucks for their already established tablet users HERE...

That contact page sends an email that goes right to Steven Sinofsky.

We shield FLOOD him with emails so that we can be heard. MS is essentially turning its back on the strength of its tablet OS, the pen input and touch capabilities.

Chap

-Matt

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. Kompleet

Kompleet Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, but now I want the same kind of clean thread but for windows 7 and latest wacom drivers. :p

5. alexands

alexands Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone tried this specific procedure on the Samsung Series 7 slate. I switched back to Windows 7 specifically cause I could not get pressure sensitivity working in Windows 8, but I'd like to switch back to Windows 8 if it works

6. mJun

mJun Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey Alex

I have tried the steps listed above in Windows 8 and they do NOT give pressure sensitivity in Photoshop CS5. In fact, it does not even allow me to draw anything after nistalling the mentioned drivers. This was all done after a fresh clean install of Windows 8.

7. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

You need "Auslogics" (free) to clean virtual devices before installation.

8. mJun

mJun Pen Pal - Newbie

Before which step should we use Auslogics?

9. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

after uninstalled wacom isd enhanced driver and reboot.

10. furythree

furythree Pen Pal - Newbie

OMG THANKYOU FOR THIS THREAD! it fixed all my issues!