Apps for Tablet PC

Discussion in 'Software' started by lblb, Apr 4, 2013.

1. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hi BogartQ,

Well, I don't have Win 8.1 installed so I can't verify but starting with Win 7 the TouchGate entry isn't used anymore to control Touch input. My guess would be that perhaps this entry was added by Tray Touch Toggle. Can you try deleting the TouchGate entry (by right-clicking on it) then restarting your system? By the way, there is no harm in doing so and you can just re-add the TouchGate entry after you're done with the test.

2. BogartQ

BogartQ Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm sorry for replying so late.. Well, I found the solution to fixing my problem. I just had to install my factory inf updates and ka-BLAMO everything was fixed! From my touchscreen down to my touchpad's vertical and horizontal scrolling.. And from what it turns out, TTT may not be stable in Windows 8.1 (in my case) because the program (I think) favors the idea of editing the .inf driver files. But nevertheless, your program was worth the try. It just broadens my idea of how shortcuts may not always be the right way. It's best to turn the touch screen off manually to avoid any undue errors.

P.S. Hopefully this will help others with the same problem as I had. Either delete TouchGate from the registry or surely, just reinstall stock inf updates. ;)

3. lblb

Hi BogartQ

Sorry for the late reply, I somehow missed your last post.

I'm glad you fixed your problem. Great job!
    I really don't know what happened in your case. Tray Touch Toggle has absolutely zero interaction with the .inf driver files. None. So I really don't understand what you observed. I'll see if anybody reports anything similar, but as I mentioned it's a very popular download (and I must assume that there are Win 8.1 users out there) yet no one has previously reported this kind of problem. But I'll keep my eyes open for similar reports, so thanks a lot for letting me know.

4. solupus

solupus Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi IbIb,

I was looking for solution to change taskbar position automatically with the rotation of screen, and was very excited that you have the solution as taskbar shuffler. However upon running the file, i received a pop-up as shown: screenshot 1.jpg
    and when i right click on the application icon on the tooltray i was only given the following option:
    screenshot 2.jpg
    As I would really want to enjoy the supposedly convenience that was described in the description for taskbar shuffler, I would like your advice for ways to troubleshoot the issue.

I am currently running Windows 8.1, 32bit on Asus t100, and did not seem to have the file pathway as described in the pop-up message.

Thanks.

5. medmonds

medmonds Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm trying to use the Tray Touch Toggle app (32-bit) on a Dell 11 Pro and receiving the following error:

[​IMG]

I've setup this app on another device and had no problems. Could you provide any help on how to resolve this? Please let me know if you need any additional information.

6. lblb

@solupus
    Dude! I'm sorry, I completely missed your post... this is shameful. Just write back here if you still need help with this. Really sorry about the very late reply.

@medmonds
    If you go in

C:\Program Files\Apps fo Tablet PC\Tray Touch Toggle 1_0

do you see the file devcon.exe?

Also, maybe you need to run Tray Touch Toggle.exe and/or that devcon.exe program as administrator (which you can do by right-clicking on them). Does that help?

7. lblb

After exchanging a few messages, I'm glad everything now works correctly solupus. It seems like several issues with Windows 8.1, like yours, can be solved if you run the apps as admin. So I'll add that info in the first post. Thanks for the feedback!

8. NYBY15

NYBY15 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a minor issue with taskbar shuffler 1.1. The display orientation works fine if the taskbar is visible as I rotate my tablet, but it doesn't work if the taskbar is hidden. Did anyone have a similar issue? I have windows 8.1 and running the app as admin. I tried enabling and disabling auto-hide taskbar option from both the app and Windows. This app is extremely useful btw, even if I have to keep the taskbar visible all the time. So thanks for making it, lblb!

9. lblb

@NYBY15
    I'm glad you like it! So what are you trying to do exactly that doesn't work? What do you want it to do when you change the display orientation? And what do you mean by "when the taskbar is hidden": do you mean when it's not visible because it's on auto-hide?

10. NYBY15

NYBY15 Pen Pal - Newbie

@lblb
    Ahh right. I didn't explain my problem completely. I want the taskbar to appear on the narrow side of the display so that it takes the least amount of screen space. In other words, the taskbar should be on the left in landscape mode and on the bottom in portrait mode. So I configured the app accordingly (PORTRAIT: Move to bottom, LANDSCAPE: Move to left). It works as expected if the taskbar is visible right before I rotate my tablet (whether auto-hide is enabled or disabled). But say if the taskbar is invisible/hidden (through auto-hide) on the bottom side in portrait mode, then when I rotate my tablet to landscape mode, the taskbar is still hidden on the bottom side instead of the left side. I hope it makes more sense this time.