Apps for Tablet PC

Discussion in 'Software' started by lblb, Apr 4, 2013.

1. cleft

cleft Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi lblb, thanks for your swift response. The screen rotation tool works well on my pc. Also never mind the part about getting "option for inverted landscape and inverted portrait mode in the shuffler?" Somehow the taskbar did not move to the side that I had specified in the Taskbar shuffler tool but it behaves properly now.

2. samauden

samauden Pen Pal - Newbie

Very helpful, Thanks for sharing. Will download TabletPC Tray Helper and Tray Touch Toggle

3. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@samauden
    Cool! Let me know if you encounter any problems.

4. BogartQ

BogartQ Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I recently used Tray Touch Toggle on my ASUS N550JK-DS71T and I am glad to find it working well, a few days ago.. Now, I have a problem where my touch screen is completely disabled once I am logged in on Windows 8.1. Please help me :( *cannot risk a system restore because many of my programs will be uninstalled*

Story:
    I added the program to my startup group and when I turned the laptop on in the next start, the "Run as Administrator" window prompted. I found it annoying, so I ticked "Run As Administrator" in the compatibility settings of the "64-Bit Tray Touch Toggle". Then, the next start became strange.. I checked my system tray and TTT was not there. I ran the program several times, even tried it with normal startup, and the program just won't enable touch again... Please help quickly!! :vbfrown::vbfrown::vbfrown:

5. lblb

@BogartQ

What you describe is indeed weird... Tray Touch Toggle has been downloaded over 600 times and no such problem has been reported before... So now that you are logged on, if you run Tray Touch Toggle you don't see it in the system tray?

Tray Touch Toggle really doesn't do much: all it does is disable the touch device that you selected when setting it up. If it doesn't work anymore, could it be that you updated your system and that the ID of that device has changed? In any case, you shouldn't have to do a system restore to solve this.
    Have you tried re-selecting the touch device in Tray Touch Toggle (i.e. set its new ID if it has changed)? Otherwise, if you can't re-enable the device like that through Tray Touch Toggle, you can do it manually:
    - Go to Control panel -> Device Manager
    - In Human Interface Devices, find the device for the touchscreen that you previously disabled
    - Re-enable by right-clicking on it

Does any of this work?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  6. BogartQ

BogartQ Pen Pal - Newbie

Nope, the id never changed. Still the same path.

But yeah, after the time i ticked "Run as Administrator" in the compatibility tab on TTT, and restarted, it disabled touch completely...

I reinstalled TTT hoping it would re-enable touch but sadly, it doesn't do anything. I placed my touch device's id and it saved without errors. I click on it disabling and enabling, yet nothing

I also tried uninstalling TTT and deleting the Apps For Tablet PC folder, and nothing changed after the restart..

Are you sure TTT doesn't touch system files? Maybe I could manually alter it. See, in my device manager, the touch device is still enabled but it doesn't function at all after the password screen.

Try this so you might know how my situation is:
    1.) Go to your Tray Touch Toggle.exe
    2.) Right-click and go to Properties
    3.) Go to the Compatibility tab
    4.) Tick "Run as Administrator", then Ok
    5.) Restart
    Just make sure that this program is in the Startup group btw

my device instance path is
    VID_04F3&PID_010C&COL01\6&3B34E0D0&0&0000

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  7. lblb

@BogartQ

Hmmmm... Tray Touch Toggle really doesn't do anything! All it does is put an icon in the system tray and does absolutely nothing unless you click on it. When you click on it, it checks to see if the device you saved is enabled or disabled and toggles it. This is a very normal Windows process that you can do without Tray Touch Toggle so I'm a bit puzzled by what you observe. I don't see how the "run as admin" thing could have any effect on it (I'm really trying to think of something, but nothing comes to mind).

I tried what you mentioned but everything works ok for me (although I am on Win 7 64 bit and am the administrator by default). What happens if you manually disable then re-enable the device? Are there any other devices in the list that are disabled?

8. BogartQ

BogartQ Pen Pal - Newbie

I see... I am on a 64-bit Windows 8.1 though.. Well, enabling and disabling from Device Manager doesn't do anything. Aaaand nope, no other devices are disabled when I disable the touch screen manually. It's just weird how TTT won't take control anymore... I haven't changed any system settings or installed new drivers. Do you know any other methods of enabling and disabling?

9. lblb

I'm looking at Tray Touch Toggle's code and I can't see an error in there (but maybe I'm just not seeing it).
    Let's see:
    If you go in the Windows Registry (to access it, type regedit in the searchbox when you click on the Windows start button), does the following entry exist:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Wisp\Touch

If that folder exists, when you click on the "Touch" folder on the left pane, does a "TouchGate" entry show up on the right pane (I think it shouldn't be present in Win 8.1)?

10. BogartQ

BogartQ Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, it's present. See attached pic tho
    Are you onto something? Maybe you might be able to find a bug in the program :D

Attached Files: