Apps for Tablet PC

Discussion in 'Software' started by lblb, Apr 4, 2013.

1. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

This looks like a great tool, and I wish I had checked out this thread much earlier. Thanks for developing this!

2. terminalmontage

terminalmontage Pen Pal - Newbie

These sound great! I want to try the Touch Tray Toggle when I can. Does anyone know the Win8.1 version works with the Samsung Slate 7/

edit: i tried it, i put the vid thing; VID_03EB&PID_211C&MI_00\8&17D7D6BB&0&0000 in, and it doesn't seem to be working. in the touch tray exe it even says that is a known VID..

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  3. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hi terminalmontage,

Sorry for the late reply. Are you sure you downloaded the correct version, either 32 or 64 bit?

Edit: First, you'll want to uninstall the version you have already installed by deleting the file on your desktop and deleting the following folder:
    C:\Program Files\Apps for Tablet PC\Tray Touch Toggle 1_0
    Then download the correct 32 or 64 bit version from the first post here and run the exe file.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  4. whazzup

whazzup Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for the Touch Toggle! Much easier than disabling touch in device manager.

Is there any way I can make it start with Windows?

5. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Stick a shortcut of the program (or the program itself) into the startup folder. Search for shell:startup, press enter, and the folder will open up on your desktop.

6. danmingpc

danmingpc Pen Pal - Newbie

update for taskbar shuffler works

7. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

ron2k_1 likes this.
  8. cleft

cleft Scribbler - Standard Member

lblb, thank you for these utilities, Taskbar shuffler and the Tray helper are incredibly useful. Still can we get option for inverted landscape and inverted portrait mode in the shuffler? Options to rotate screen in the tray helper could be great as well.

9. lblb

Thanks everyone for the comments.

@ Steve S: Thanks for the link. Keep 'em coming, I'll update the first post when I have time.

@ cleft: Yeah, I use Tray Helper every day on all my computers. I'm glad you find it useful. In the Tray Helper tray menu there is a "Windows taskbar" menu item that allows you to move the taskbar around (and also to move it automatically according to screen orientation). Do these work for you? Was that what you were referring to?
    I'm not sure exactly what you mean so could you provide more explanations about your question: "Still can we get option for inverted landscape and inverted portrait mode in the shuffler?"

Edit:
    cleft, I just re-read your post and can see that you are talking about rotating the screen and not just the taskbar. Is that right?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  10. lblb

Hi cleft (see my first answer in the previous post),

I just went back in my files and found a very preliminary version of an app that I had started to prepare that allows rotation of the screen through a tray menu. I never finished it nor shared it because whether it works or not is strongly dependent on the video card in the computer and it may not work for many computers. In any case, if you want to try it, I've uploaded it in a zip file on Medifiare.com:
    https://www.mediafire.com/?likn221u7j7432c

Just tell me if it works for you and maybe I'll eventually find the time to include it in the other apps. (Make sure to have your screen autorotation off otherwise the orientation sensor will rotate the screen back automatically.)