Apps for Tablet PC

Discussion in 'Software' started by lblb, Apr 4, 2013.

1. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hi all, sorry for the long delay!

@vitor:
    I'm glad you like it and that it works for you. Thanks a lot for the info, I'll add it when I upload an updated version.

@Selofain:
    That's again for that info, I didn't know if it would change or not when changing drivers. I'll add a note to that effect in the next version.
    If you see that the main part of the number stays the same, and if you don't want to have to change the number every time you install a new driver, I wrote the code in a way that you should be able to write a partial number for your HID device. It's better to write the whole thing, as a few HID devices have very similar numbers (at least on my EP121), but you can try just shortening it a bit.

@hunter99:
    Yeah, I had tested tguard before and it works great on my Win 7 EP121. It indeed doesn't really turn touch off: it creates an invisible layer on the whole screen that blocks the cursor. I really like this thing because the author (man, some people are just too good at this programming thing!) was able to selectively block the cursor when you touch the screen, but it creates a hole (which you can adjust by right-clicking on the tray icon) around the cursor of the pen so that it can click through. Pretty ingenious! It's not as perfect as being able to turn touch off (because even though the touch input is blocked, it does move the cursor where you clicked) but it seems to be a great way to use Koide's script on a Win8 machine. Maybe I'll include it in the next version of Tray Touch Toggle with an option to use it or the other touch toggle strategies. Anyway, thanks for bringing it back to my attention.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  2. jvd

jvd Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I installed PC Tray Helper, it works flawlessly.
    However, Tray Touch Toggle does not work.

- System + computer: Fujitsu T902 (64 bit) [brand new, just got it yesterday]
    - HID-compliant device:
    - Device type: Human Interface Devices
    - Manufacturer: (Standard system devices)
    - Device Instance Path: HID\VID_056A&PID_010D&MI_01&COL01\8&DF0744C&0&0000

I verified that this IS the correct device for toggling touch, by deactivating it by hand (via right-click on "HID-compliant device" under "Human Intervace Devices" in "Device Manager"), which indeed turned off touch. And reactiviting the device turned on touch again.

I entered the Device Instance Path number given above in the Tray Touch Toggle Setup File and hit "Save" and "DONE", but when I then click on the Touch button in the Tray Helper, the Touch button stays white, and touch remains enabled.

Any advice on how to get this to work?

3. lblb

Hi jvd,

Let's see... Could it be that you are writing the whole device path including HID\ ? Does it work if you start the device path at VID?

4. jvd

jvd Pen Pal - Newbie

No, I wrote the device paht excluding HID\ , i.e. starting at VID

Could it perhaps play a role that my laptop was set up in Germany, with German
    as main language?

5. lblb

Hi jvd,

Maybe that could be the reason... not sure. Let's try something. Can you download and run the exe file from the following zip file that I uploaded on MediaFire.com:
    Language Version and HID Status.zip

Can you report excatly what the message box says?

It should tell you the number of your Windows language, the name of the language, and say the status of the HID device you mentioned. If the HID number you mentioned is good and the status says something weird, then it probably means the language is the problem. (For this to work, make sure that Tray Touch Toggle is still installed on your system, i.e. that devcon.exe is present in the folder C:\Program Files\Apps for Tablet PC\Tray Touch Toggle 1_0).

6. jvd

jvd Pen Pal - Newbie

This is what I got in the message box:

1) Language number = 0407
    2) Language = German_Standard
    3) State of HID device = HID\VID_056A&PID_010D&MI_01&COL01\8&DF0744C&0&0000
    Name: HID-konformes Gerät
    Driver is running.
    1 matching device(s) found.

7. lblb

Hi jvd,

Excellent, thanks for posting the info.

Well, this does say that your OS language is German so we may have to deal with this. But what you got in 3) is promising: it shows that AHK is able to see your HID device when I use commands in English and, importantly for me, it outputs some of the information (i.e. Driver is running) in English.

So let's see...
    I've written two very short scripts that are meant to disable and enable your HID device using the HID number you provided. Can you download them and see if they work? They should either disable or enable the device, and after one second a message box should pop up and show the status of the device as before. Hopefully, when you run the "disable" one, it should disable your touch and the message box should read something like "disabled" instead of "driver is running".

Disable_Enable_Touch_jvd_1.zip

8. jvd

jvd Pen Pal - Newbie

Dear lblb,

thanks a lot for your efforts, they are much appreciated!
    I ran both scripts that you posted.
    But Disable_Touch_jvd_a and Enable_Touch_jvd_1 both give the same message:

State of HID device =
    HID\VID_056A&PID_010D&MI_01&COL01\8&DF0744C&0&0000
    Name: HID-konformes Gerät
    Driver is running.
    1 matching device(s) found.

I should mention that the T902 that I got a few days ago is a test version from Fujitsu.
    I have decided now to buy it, but have asked for an all-English version, which I hope
    to get within two weeks. Rather than continuing to wrestle with the German version, I suggest that I wait until the english one arrives, and then I'll try whether your Tray Touch Toggle script works on that. I'll keep you posted. But thanks a lot, again, for your help!

9. edgnoj

edgnoj Pen Pal - Newbie

Perhaps a stupid question, but how to remove this program?

10. lblb

Hi edgnoj,

Certainly not a stupid question as I didn't provide this information in the first post. To remove any of these apps, delete the file that's on your desktop and then delete the supporting files that are installed here:

C:\Program Files\Apps for Tablet PC

Cheers!