Apps for Tablet PC

Discussion in 'Software' started by lblb, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

lblb,

Consider it tested and confirmed! The 32-bit version did the trick. The touch toggle portion definitely works in Windows 8.

2. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I got this error with taskbar shuffler 1.1
    Even if I create the directories in Program Files
    Capture.PNG
    It is in my Ativ 500T windows8

3. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

ok, I found how to solve the issue. Start the exe as admin.

4. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks for the feedback and the troubleshooting thierryb. I'll try to soon upload a version that runs as admin by default.

And thanks a lot for the testing selofain. I'll get working on that touch toggle thing whenever I have time.

5. lblb

NEW!

I just uploaded the new Tray Touch Toggle. This should allow you to toggle touch on/off from an icon in the system tray. It should work out of the box for Windows Vista and 7, and will necessitate a quick setup for Windows 8. More details in the first post. Comments and bug reports are welcome (especially since I have no way to test it in Win8)!

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  6. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Now that I'm back from SDCC, I can try it! Tested it on my T901 and it works flawlessly in Windows 8. Thank you so much. Windows 8 is now just absolutely perfectly perfect now.

7. lblb

Excellent!
    I haven't looked into it very much recently but I think this Tray Touch Toggle thing may still be the only solution out there to toggle touch in Win8 from a tray icon (and potentially on any Win8 computer) so I'm glad you can confirm it works. Thanks for the testing Selofain!
    If you don't mind, could you post here the number that you found for the HID device on your T901? I'll add it to the list that is provided with the app.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  8. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Oh, I'd be happy to.

T901 Touch device hardware ID: VID_056A&PID_00E6&Col06\7&10981787&0&0005

Small caveat- I swear my hardware ID has changed back and forth since I installed Win8. I used DevManView to set up shortcuts, and I know they worked, but now they don't. I don't know what the difference is. Perhaps I should post in the Fujitsu forums to see what other T901 users are getting. And maybe get the T902 hardware ID too.

I opened your Known Codes list (which opens under the Setup window- it's slightly awkward, but workable) and noticed that the TPT2 wasn't included. I thought I'd grab it before it leaves my hands.

TPT2 Touch devide hardware ID: ATML1000&Col01\4&2101be6d&0&0000

9. lblb

Most excellent! I will update the list and upload it with a future version. I'll probably also make it so that the Setup window isn't "always on top" so that the list will not appear under it (although I imagine that looking at this list should happen maybe only once, ever!)

Unfortunately, I really don't know much about these HID numbers. I don't know yet if they change with the version of Windows, with 32 vs. 64 bit, with driver updates, etc. I'll just wait and see what other people who are using this strategy to toggle touch have to say about it.

Cheers!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  10. hunter99

hunter99 To Old Now

Hi lblb,
    Well this is been a pretty busy month but one thing I was able to accomplish was that I got a Helix. And of course it was loaded with Windows 8 which I am still trying to figure out and see
    if I like it or not. The jury is still out on that. I haven't quite got it set up the way I want, but I thought I would try out some of the AHk apps. I tried out TabletPC Tray Helper 1.0 and I think it's great the
    way you enter the codes for the Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and touch.
    In selofain's post #28, I think maybe you missed his last line.
    "Some feedback on the Bluetooth toggler. It doesn't work for me, because I have a letter and three numbers after PID, and letters aren't acceptable input."

I had same trouble. Just changed line 499 to remove option "Number", as well as line 458 for the wifi.
    In TabletPC Tray Helper 1_0:
    Line 499. Gui, 50: Add, Edit, x335 y408 w50 Limit4 Right vEditBoxBT, ;remove option "Number" - hunter99 7/20/13
    Line 458. Gui, 50: Add, Edit, x335 y408 w50 Limit4 Right vEditBoxWifi, ;remove option "Number" - hunter99 7/20/13

For your data base. Basically just for reference.
    Lenovo Helix HID's:
    Bluetooth is 21E6
    Wifi is 0085
    Touch is VID_03EB&PID_8406&MI_00&COL01\8&FFA450B&0&0000 (HID good)

It's a HID not a PID (typo?) as the options instructions say.
    Your method of entering the IDs is absolutely the best choice and would not recommend changing that. This is because the device IDs do change, here is a couple of links.

Device Instance IDs (Windows Drivers)

"A device instance ID is a system-supplied device identification string that uniquely identifies a device in the system. The Plug and Play (PnP) manager assigns a device instance ID to each device
    node (devnode) in a system's device tree."
    "A device instance ID is persistent across system restarts."
    Also

Does Device Instance Path change after upgrade to Windows 8? - Microsoft Community

Your Tray Touch Toggle (64 bit) is absolutely wonderful, many users will be able to sleep in peace tonight. Since the introduction of Windows 8 everybody has been clamoring for something like that,
    and you came through. Boy will you have good karma for years to come.

Couldn't wait to try Koide's masterpiece so I loaded up RawInputControl_MultiPanel, which was always one of my favorites. The main features all seen the work fine, I was worried there might be trouble with the
    touch panel hiding when the pen approached it. But it worked great. I did not try all of the controls yet. I used a version that I had modified quite a while ago to get rid of all the executables and just use AHK's.
    Also got rid of the DOS boxes by using the winclose command.
    Do you happen to know where Koide got the information for the #Profiles at the start of the script?
    Because with these HD screens, we have to run them at a high DPI. But when you scale above 150%, things start to go screwy. To make this half way readable you have to set the display at 125% and
    as you go higher the touch stops lineing up with the keys. This may take some work.I tried Hover Icons (both your orig. and my mod'ed) and it gets the point where you hide the window and the icon is on the screen.
    When you try to bring back the window it just sits there and does a little dance. But I didn't even open the AHK file so it may be easy or it may be hard.

That's it for tonight, happy programming.