Apps for Tablet PC

Discussion in 'Software' started by lblb, Apr 4, 2013.

1. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 Editor-in-Chief of TechAndTiny Senior Member

Windows 10 S now makes real sense for restaurants and retail stores where you never want viruses getting on your point of sales system or undisciplined employees installing unauthorized software. I just purchased 4EPOS from the Windows Store and it is absolutely exceptional. It does everything we could ever need and more. It works with receipt printers and barcode scanners and it uses a very simple XML database.

Koryand'R and DRTigerlilly like this.
  2. stever

stever Pen Pal - Newbie

@lblb

First off, thanks for making Taskbar Shuffler available... it's definitely a really nice tool that makes my life easier.

Unfortunately, I seem to be having similar problems as @yc_richard. I have a Surface Book with Win10 (v1703 build 15063.483). I have the Taskbar Shuffler setting set to PORTRAIT: bottom, LANDSCAPE: left, and this seems to work OK without an external monitor. However at my desk I have two external monitors plugged into a Surface Dock, with one of them (in landscape mode) set as the primary monitor, and when I connect the machine the taskbar ends up on the right side of the primary monitor. (I have "Show taskbar on all displays" turned off, so there's just the one taskbar.) This seems weird since "right" is not a setting I have selected for any configuration.

The really annoying part is that whenever I wake the system up from sleep (without having detached it from the dock), the taskbar goes back to the right side and I have to fix it again.

I haven't done as much experimentation as @yc_richard, but I have verified that this doesn't happen when Taskbar Shuffler is not running.

Is the source code for Taskbar Shuffler available? I'd be willing to play with it a little myself if I have time.

Thanks!

3. stever

stever Pen Pal - Newbie

@lblb

Another interesting detail: with my external monitor connected, when I select "Move to left" on the Taskbar Shuffler menu, the taskbar is moved to (or stays at) the right side of the screen. Move to top/right/bottom all work correctly though. So it may be that the app is properly trying to move the taskbar to the left, but somehow that is causing it to move to the right anyway. I have to use the Taskbar Settings window to move the taskbar to the left side of the screen. Quitting and restarting Taskbar Shuffler doesn't help.

When I detach the dock and go back to the built-in display, everything works properly again.