Apps for Tablet PC

Discussion in 'Software' started by lblb, Apr 4, 2013.

1. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@NYBY15

Thanks for taking the time to describe your problem more clearly.

I can reproduce your issue on my system. See if v. 1.2 solves your problem:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/vinnex100f4d08g/Taskbar_Shuffler_1_2.zip

- Make sure that the previous version of Taskbar Shuffler is not running then start this new version.
    - When you run it the first time, it will install the files in a new folder in C:\Program Files\Apps for Tablet PC\Taskbar shuffler 1_2.

When the taskbar is hidden, it's not possible to move it (that's a Windows thing, not a AutoHotkey thing (in which Taskbar Shuffler is programmed.)) So I tried to solve the problem indirectly: if before moving the taskbar it detects that the taskbar is hidden by auto-hide, it first turns auto-hide off, waits a bit, then moves the taskbar, then turns auto-hide back on. The delay for the "waits a bit" part is important and may be system-dependent. Let me know if it works on your system or not.

If you can confirm that it works, then I'll update the first post with this newer version. Cheers!

2. NYBY15

NYBY15 Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  3. lblb

UPDATE (April 30 2016)!

Just added "Tablet mode toggle RTKB", which makes it easy to toggle between Tablet and Desktop modes in Win 10 by right-clicking on the normal Windows Touch Keyboard taskbar icon. See first post for download. Let me know if you encounter any issues. Enjoy!

4. Zerreth

Zerreth Pen Pal - Newbie

Just wanted to say thank you for the Disable touch screen toggle. My pen input is finally usable now on my Sony Vaio Tap11 Tablet in Photoshop. While I'm at it, Feature Request: Make it possible to assign the hardware windows button on a tablet to enable/disable the touch screen. The icons are a bit unsightly, if you need some icons that blend in with the windows system notification icons just hit me up, I'm glad to make some for you.

WillAdams likes this.
  5. lblb

@Zerreth,
    I'm glad you find it useful. Indeed the icons are quite ugly but I never had time to change them. If you want to use your own, just replace the ones found in "C:\Program Files\Apps for Tablet PC\Tray Touch Toggle 1_0" with yours (make sure to give them the same name as the icons in that folder).

If you want to send some icons my way, I'd be more than happy!

Assigning the Windows button to toggle touch should be quite straightforward (although there is no difference between that button and the Windows button on a keyboard, so both would get remapped). If you're interested in testing, you could install AutoHotkey on your computer (if you don't already have it on your computer, you can download and install it from here (during the installation, select the ANSI 32 bit version for maximum compatibility): https://autohotkey.com/). Once it's installed, I can show you how to modify the Tray Touch Toggle source code (which you should find in the folder mentioned above) to use the Windows button to toggle touch (it could be as simple as adding two short lines to the code). Just let me know here if you want to explore this.

Cheers!

6. yc_richard

yc_richard Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi IbIb,
    I really like the feature that changes taskbar position automatically with the rotation of screen. Right now I have it set to: PORTRAIT -> Move to bottom, LANDSCAPE -> Move to left.
    However, I have some issue with the external display. As soon as an external display is connected, the taskbar position on both screens will change to the top, although both screens are in landscape mode. It is quite bizarre.
    Would it be possible to find a fix?
    Thanks!

7. lblb

@yc_richard

I'm glad you find it useful!

What version of Windows do you have?

Just so that I know what you are really observing: So your tablet is landscape with no monitor attached and the taskbar is at the bottom. Then you connect an external monitor, also in landscape, and both taskbars automatically move to the top? Is that correct? Also, does any of this happen with Taskbar Shuffler NOT installed? And since I haven't used all versions of Windows I just don't know the answer to this but: On your system, can the taskbars be at different positions on different monitors?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  8. yc_richard

@lblb

I am using the latest windows 10 redstone (not insider preview) on surface pro 3. In this version, it is possible to set taskbar at different positions on different monitors. But I always keep them in the same position.
    I've tried different settings. By setting LANDSCAPE: Move to left, or LANDSCAPE: Move to bottom, the problem can be reproduced. What happens is the following:
    - When there is no monitor attached, My tablet is in landscape and the taskbar is either on the left side or at bottom depend on the setting.
    - Then I connect the external monitor, the external monitor shows the taskbar on the top. But taskbar on the tablet screen stays in the old position.
    - as long as I disconnect the external monitor, the taskbar on the tablet screen will change to the top as well.

more findings of the above result:
    Since I have the external monitor set as the main monitor when connected, so everytime I connect or disconnect, the system will switch the main monitor from one to another. It seems that the weird poistioning strongly depends on the poisiton of the other screen, and the taskbar will adopt the position of the other one and then do a certain shift.

When I do not set the external monitor as main monitor:
    - with LANDSCAPE: Move to bottom. everything is fine.
    - But with LANDSCAPE: Move to left, connecting the external monitor has no problem, but taskbar on the tablet is again moved to the top after disconnecting.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  9. lblb

@yc_richard

Thanks a lot for the very detailed answer, it's very helpful.

I'll look into it a little later in the coming weeks when I'm not swamped by work. Definitely, the possibility of the main monitor changing and of having different taskbars at different positions has not been coded into Taskbar Shuffler. I'll see what I can do (no promises!)

One last question: Are your issues affected by the relative position of the monitors? For example, in the last landscape situation you describe, is move to left messed up whether your tablet is set (in Display Properties) to the left or to the right of the main monitor?

Cheers!

10. yc_richard

@lblb
    Indeed, I used to set the tablet screen at the right-hand side of the external monitor. Unfortunately, the problem persists for the other relative positions (behaves quite similar).
    Thanks in advance!