Approaching a year - thoughts on 4215

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by flanders, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justauser

justauser Scribbler - Standard Member

We're now approaching a year with the 4215 and I thought I'd share my thoughts and hoped others would.

The notebook is a really solid unit. I have the SVGA+ and like the screen. I think Fujitsu has built a good unit, but I have a whole lot of "little" things that bother me about the device.

- The unit is too heavy. Wish it was 1/2lb lighter.
    - The power supply is WAY too big and heavy. This adds a lot to travel weight and if I'd known I might not have bought the unit.
    - The pen keeps falling out. It fit initially and they should make it to keep fitting.
    - Fujitsu doesn't update drivers on their site regularly. The Intel drivers for Vista have needed updates. I updated from Intel and solved lots of issues, but then they don't work right with auto-rotate. And even with the updates, there are still lots of annoyances with the screen drivers.
    - Battery life is a disgrace. I'm getting a little over 2 hours with all the tuning I can do. Simply awful and unacceptable.
    - Would have been nice to have PCIx slot and Firewire.
    - HDMI/DVI out without dock would be nice. Could easily live without IrDA.

If asked, I'd say, such a nice until, but the weight, power supply and battery life would lead me to some other unit.

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well I don't know what Tablet then you would opt for....
    The Lenovo is your nearest bet but it still carries the same power supply.
    As to battery life in general; With just the Main Battery, I'm still getting 4hrs + on my older T4210's.

3. flanders

flanders Pen Pal - Newbie

Won't the standard port replicator work for your 4215 (same one as for the 4220?) Mine has DVI out on the back. Your battery might just need replacing also--I'm getting almost 5.5 hours on a single charge but then again I use mine on battery sparingly and then with some of the lowest settings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.