Apple tablet 2010

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by storebror, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. storebror

storebror Scribbler - Standard Member

yup. highly dissapointing. :(

I guess if it only had a stylus, pressure sensitivity ad if it were a proper computer(instead of a "surfpad"), I´d be ok with it.

I guess it´s back to writing emails to HP and wacom again. :rolleyes:

2. nathanbarlow

nathanbarlow Pen Pal - Newbie

*bangs head on table at all his Applefanboi mates who think this iPad is AMAZING*

I point out no flash, possibly no acrobat, definitely no multitasking, not even a full OS (tis teh iphone OS pretty much), and no stylus. Tell them it might as well be an ipod Touch or iphone - plus both are more mobile.

Result: get ignored completely

I have friends who want to get rid of their macbook for this!!

Touche Steve Jobs - so much hype over the last few years, that mac users arent even aware that the hardware is lacking, never mind the lack of full OS software

3. DJ Garcia

DJ Garcia Pen Pal - Newbie

You guys just don't understand! This is the beginning of a new era in personal computing!

OK, OK, you do understand. Talk about an anti-climax. I have yet to see anything that might replace my Lenovo X61t with the 1400x1050 screen, although I haven't seen the HP slate. And I may yet get a Kindle :).

PS - I think I'll refer to this device as the iFad ...

4. DJ Garcia

DJ Garcia Pen Pal - Newbie

Here's a link to the Apple product page. Looks like it can read PDFs, and there's a way to connect a USB cable and an SD reader, not sure if you need the dock to do it.

http://www.apple.com/ipad/specs/

5. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

Where have I seen this before? Oh yeah, I used to use one 7 years ago when it was invented by Compaq.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2014
  6. jadam

jadam Pen Pal - Newbie

That's about as much of a comparison as saying "Hey guys I used to use one of these 15 years ago!"

[​IMG]

Your [​IMG] Is nothing new.

7. Razel

Razel Pen Pal - Newbie

OMG!In all my 21 years I've never been so dissapointed in my life.I sincerely hope Windows Mobile 7 and Android 3 can bury Apple to the ground because after a product so unimaginative so condensending on its target public,bankruptcy is what they deserve.

Bill Gates imagined the Tablet for its amazing educational potential well ahead of its time and promoted it ferociously and FINALLY we have a HP TM2 convertible tablet with DEDCIATED GRAPHICS,Full OS,excellent specs,excellent battery,multitouch AND handwriting recognition to answer to all of our needs.
    Entourage Edge har released a dual book with one part eink+Wacom and the other a touchscreen LCD while Notion Ink Adam is knocking at the door with a Pixel Qi hybrid LCD that offers eink proprieties...

And Apple?An oversized ridiculous pathetic attempt at the slate tablet that has nothing to do with user needs.WHY?Why would I need a 4:3 low res,one app at a time,no flash support,no pen support,crippled OS,multitouch lemon?
    Shame on you Apple for calling yourself innovative when Microsoft spends billions on AI projects like Natal,education,handwriting and speech recognition.

8. TabbedOut

TabbedOut Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Not really a fair comparison seeing as how the seven year old Compaq is still a more *capable* machine...

9. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

@ Razel i have no faith in WM7 being anything to write about, and android will always be a nerd mobile OS.

10. Razel

Razel Pen Pal - Newbie

I dont think so,Microsoft has a tendency to strike hard when people least expect and they're not prepared on giving up the mobile phone scene,not by a longshot.

For every engineer Apple has-Microsoft has 10,if you look at some of their prototypes or future concept videos they dont seem to be lacking vision,Windows 7 is excellent and finally the tablet friendly experience we craved for.

So I think they will be really agressive with Windows Mobile 7,probably will release a Zune Phone to coincide with the platform and maybe even support for resistive multitouch to differentiate itself from the competition and Xbox mobile...

As for Android,again Google another gorilla that's in the game now,look at the G1 and compare it with the Droid or the Nexus One,things are progressing nicely Android 3.0 will be 100% user friendly imho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.