Apple tablet 2010

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by storebror, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

Tablet means Tablet PC. Slates, convertibles, and UMPC's can all be tablets, but the sub-class can be different.

EX) a Slate Tablet, a Convertible Tablet, or a UMPC Tablet

2. jadam

jadam Pen Pal - Newbie

Almost 100% certain the Apple tablet will have a Tegra 2 from Nvidia, Dual Core Cortex-A9. Most likely to maintain compatibility with iphone/ipod touch app store applications.

3. Vanne

Vanne Slate

Doesn't really matter what Cpu/ GPu iT is emulation Layer will Be used to maintain core compatibility.

4. storebror

storebror Scribbler - Standard Member

http://prylzonen.se/category/hemelektronik/

Seems the electronics store MediaMarkt put on their twitter something that shouldn´t have been seen. The post got deleted swiftly.
    Let´s see if the iPad gets annocunced by Apple (tomorrow???)

@ 499 euros I´ll get a bit excited even though it probably won´t have any specs I´m looking for.

5. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

But it's much more efficient to do it natively.

BTW, I highly doubt it's a Tegra. You don't spend several hundred million on a semi conductor design company specializing in ARM cores and then turn around to license an existing design. Apple bought PA Semi for this thing (and iPhone/iPod Touch). They're gonna have their own ARM design. It probably will look a lot like the next Tegra (multicore, Cortex A9 based, etc..), but will not be something from nVidia or anyone else.

6. RZetlin

RZetlin Scribbler - Standard Member

Well Steve Jobs has finally showed off the Apple Tablet

The Applet Tablet - the iPad is disappointing for me.

The iPad oversize iPhone with more multimedia capabilities.

I was hoping that the Applet Tablet would be a like a Macbook Air with active tablet screen that works with a stylus pen.

I wanted at least the ability to install programs like Photoshop.

I guess I better turn to HP or Fujitsu for my dream tablet.

7. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yes, it's a bit disappointing.
    The bezel is huge and it's sad that they haven't found a better solution for the thumb problem on a smaller bezel.
    The battery life is a joke for such a device, the same with the display, low resolution and IPS, nothing special.
    The power, well, we know nothing about this special, maybe standard, Apple CPU.
    The OS, useless, no real improvements. Better buy an iPhone. No real tablet specific software available, it doesn't even contain a full fledged web browser. Flash, probably one of the most interesting web standards for tablets (just think about all those flash games) does not get supported.
    The touchscreen, useless, again. Where is this special tactile feedback, ... It's capacitive, you can't draw, no pressure sensitivity, ...
    The price, very high for such an oversized, less useful iPhone.

It's a big disappointment in my opinion, it isn't even thin. Only at the edges it's thin and has a perfect size, but, just as the iPhone or Macbook Air, gets huge in the middle part.

So it's really a multimedia device, nothing more, and for the features, just too expensive.

Sorry, but I think the HP tablet looked much better in the few seconds we saw him. Still, none of the currently released devices really look too special.
    We need more innovations.

8. RZetlin

RZetlin Scribbler - Standard Member

I am little puzzled at to the target market for this device.

The iPad is not aimed at artist or developers because of the lack of CPU power and the lack of stylus pen.

The iPad is not aimed at business users on the go because the device is not mobile enough and we already have the iPhone to cover this aspect.

The iPad seems to be aimed at users who uses their PC lightly, (E-mail, surf the internet) like mothers and grandparents.

Perhaps the iPad aimed at students for note taking in class.

9. mediajunkie

mediajunkie Pen Pal - Newbie

students need a stylus, too.

this "pad" is only for homeentertainment... read some newspaper or books, listen to music or just control your homeautomation devices like htpc, etc. but here i miss the new wireless hd standard from intel.
    500 bugs is ok compared to ipod touch and some netbooks. hope, we will see better hardware with the ipad2 ;)

thats my opinion...

10. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

Looks like my Dec 20th prediction was correct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.