Apple Pencil 2

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by siddhartth, Oct 19, 2016.

?

Who wants an Apple stylus with a thinner tip?

1. yes

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. no

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. If it was possible then Apple would have done it already

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Doesn't matter if it becomes the perfect Stylus, iOS Desktop class full Adobe and OneNote

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  5. thickness is ok but it's just too slippery

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  6. both thickness and Slipperiness are a problem

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ArashA

ArashA Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the suggestions. I agree TabS3 is overpriced :( :( with OLD cpu!!
    And so unfortunate that chromeOS is crap right now on tablet functionality (so no acer tab 10 as an option)

Actually my main use of tablet will be frame by frame animation / drafting and portable sketchbook on the go.
    Pen is my highest concern + android animation apps are much more powerful (TVPaint is only available in android) and also the gap that apple added on purpose between glass and screen makes ipad 2018 very aged to use in freehand sketching feel and functionality.
    I tested ipad 2018 in store and it felt like my 5yr old Cintiq 13HD.. with big gap between screen and glass..
    Also the price of ipad 2018 + pencil is very close to TabS3. So bad apple try to benefit from all the bits.. I wonder if soon they would sell the cords separately!!

I would still wait for a deal on TabS3 to make it more affordable.
    Or maybe apple pencil 2 comes next week with a better tip to consider..
    Looks so hard to decide.. haha

2. Tapio-Huuhaa

Tapio-Huuhaa Pen Pal - Newbie

Reasonable price alternative for iPad 9,7 & Apple Pencil, Huawei MediaPad M5 Pro and Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 is Acer Chromebook Tab 10.

Acer has Wacom EMR pen, but the manufactor doesn't tell, if the pen supports pressure sensitivity or not. I asked from a Finnish dealer and I get answer, that it supports pressure sensitivity. Maybe almost as good as S-Pen.

Operating system is the same, which Acer use in the Cromebook laptop series. Operating system is then alternative for Windows 10 and concerning layout closer Mac OS than IOS for iPad.

You might get from special offer some tablet cheaper, for example 16-17.7.2018 from Amazon Italy I could get Huawei with amazing price 399 €.

Newest version of my favorite drawing application ibisPaint X supports pressure sensitivity for Android devices. Now I don't have any reason for paying iPad 9,7 & Apple Pencil.

Maybe iPad 9,7 & Apple Pencil does have better price/quality relationship, but because I can't use Apple Pencil, iPad 9,7 & Apple Pencil is not an alternative for me.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    siddhartth likes this.