Apple Might Be Prepping an iTablet Discussion

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by Ed Hardy, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. james_abel2002

james_abel2002 Pen Pal - Newbie

Could the apple diehard have meant the modbook by axiotron which is a converted macbook.

2. thaluckyspoon

thaluckyspoon Scribbler - Standard Member

The tablet market is much too small, I doubt Apple will EVER enter it with a convertible. The only thing I could see them doing was an Imac tablet, and it wouldn't be touch only.

3. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

Since Apple has an artsy following, I don't see them entering the market until bigger higher resolution screens are available and affordable. The current offerings are still a little small to make sketching and painting comfortable, but a 17" tablet would be okay....and it's not like Apple has a problem with impossible big "portable" computers, so yes, I was completely serious when I said a 17" tablet.

4. been

been Pen Pal - Newbie

5. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Indeed, however it is a third-party vendor and not directly from Apple where they modify a Mac Book Pro. Last I heard, Axiotron still have not shipped orders that have been received for many months now.

Axiotron has aimed for releasing their Tablet PC for shipments during this quarter hopefully before this year is up. Those that have originally ordered the ModBook back in April are still waiting, it seems. Regardless, we haven't seen any current future ModBook owners lurking around the forums, for those that have ordered have the "waiting time is worth it until I receive it" idea in mind. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.