Apple has the most backwards compatible tech product yet

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by desertlap, Oct 23, 2021.

1. desertlap

desertlap Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Eltos, sonichedgehog360, Tams and 2 others like this.
  2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

lol...well Apple does pride themselves on their products lasting for considerable levels of time.

But on the matter of the Nano...I maintain something of a tech graveyard. Like every phone, MP3 player, camera, tablet, and Laptop that has outlived its usefulness, I have still to this day stored in a dusty storage box along side the cases and cables. The only exceptions are devices that I've traded in (iPads, Surface Go, etc) Needless to say I have a ton of old iPods, the oldest being the the B&W one that had the first gen scroll wheel (2004?). But I also had the 1st, 2nd, and 4th gen Nanos. (skipped 3rd). This past summer I went thru the graveyard and decided to try seeing if any of them still worked. That 1st gen Nano and the B&W iPad did actually turn on. I couldn't play music or really use them for anything, but the chargers still worked and to a degree they still functioned, if only at the base level of powering one. But I wouldn't be surprised if some people still had functional Nanos and used them still to this day.

Eltos likes this.