Apparently, Asus support doesnt get many RMA battery calls...

Discussion in 'Asus' started by desdamon, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kudoskun

kudoskun Scribbler - Standard Member

I know I have complained about others posting on the same topic, but I still think ASUS is in the dark about batteries. Maybe someone should get a picture of their battery exploding like a Dell, get some momentum in this matter then.

So I finally called support... Battery wear is at 45%-50% (fluctuates, seriously).

While on the phone with support, I asked," So, have you guys found a resolution to the battery problem plaguing the R1F and possible other laptops?"

He calmly replied, " No, I think the battery wear is due from the way you might be using the laptop. We haven't really been receiving any calls about battery problems."

Well, I had no steam to keep moving forward, this guy on the other line just being a support monkey and all. I didnt feel like arguing it over with him.

I know I have forwarded this website and battery threads to support before in past correspondence, as have others, but come on...

2. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

So are they going to RMA your battery, or did you give up when you were told few people complain about their batteries?

3. kudoskun

kudoskun Scribbler - Standard Member

They will, no questions asked. I simply didnt want to continue complaining about the battery wear issue, not that I started all that much with him.

Im merely pointing out, they still seem to be unaware of the issue.

4. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Pen Pal - Newbie

Thats complete bull on the part of Asus. From what I gather from reading about the fiasco of the Asus Z71v battery problem (for which they pulled a recall) they denied having any replacement issue with those customers as well, right up until the recall occured. This response is down to 1 or all of 3 possible reasons.

1. Towing the company line
    2. Sheer stupidity and failure to correlate at a national level the number of replacment requests made to their logistics department on a per model basis.
    3. A failure from employee to management level of concern for their customers and a belief that the issue will not be discovered to an extent which can damage them. Thats why they enploy actuaries.

When your company tells you to say something you do not deviate from that line and can sound quite convincnig. Sad to say but I work in tech support/CS and this is how you are told to conduct yourself or face disiplinary measures. This type of situation occurs in every tech support installation I have encountered personally or have had friends working in at all levels.

5. eva04

eva04 Scribbler - Standard Member

My 1yr battery warranty is up at the end of this month. So it seems I was right. They are going to continue to deny the problem until everyones warranties run out... Thanks Asus... I wont be buying from you ever again.

As for the kudoskun's comment... it happened to me before. On every visit, even though I was going for my 5th replacement with the SAME people, they continue to denied it. I'm sure they are well aware of it, but just don't have the confidence to admit it. Bunch of cowards.

As for me... 1yr warranty remains on the laptop itself. I'm going to try to sell it off at the end of this semester. Hopefully that is enough of an incentive for someone to still want to buy it... then... i'm going to get a Dell m1330 haha... Kind of over the whole tablet thing, haven't used the stylus in months.

6. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That's SOP for companies. They'll deny problems to individuals and just fix their immediate problem instead of building momentum toward a possible recall or class-action.

In Canada, Rogers ( the cable ISP ) deny traffic shaping torrents. It's obvious to anyone with a torrent client that Rogers is messing with torrent traffic, but until it can be proven, they'lll just settle on their merry way.

7. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Alphaswift,

Your issue with Rogers is not isolated as you know. They are not only traffic shaping due to congestion etc but they feel its a good way to avoid a possible law suite from the MPAA/RIAA. If they can show they have taken steps to limit possible illegal downloads of copyright material then it would weaken any potential case brought against them and may avoid one being brought at all. A form of deterrent.

This is beginning to happen in Ireland and without saying too much im kinda on both the legal and telecom side of things so I know what each one is up to. We recently had 23 cases brought before the High Court and convictions did involve prison time.

Just be aware that none of the torrent shaping clients available to the isps are perfect and the packet checking routines are actually placing stress on the internal systems of isps. Therefore they oftentimes have to limit them to some port ranges. Please visit the link below if you have not already to see if it can help.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=4128

The problem with tackling torrent shaping from Rogers is that if the T&C's of the service aggreement are anything like those in Ireland then they are within there rights to do so. Asus on the other hand, in selling defective product and deliberately stalling until warranties have expired so they do not have to solve the issue are in clear breach of the law, not only in Europe but worldwide.

8. desdamon

desdamon Scribbler - Standard Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.