App to find jitter/pressure sensitivity problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by 7030, Apr 27, 2020.

1. 7030

7030 Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok, apparently a Mod created this thread because I had posted in an old thread (didn't notice it was old, it was one the first ones on the software forum, guys), so I better edit this.

As you can see from my other thread, I'm choosing between 3 pens and before I reach any conclusion I've thought it might be good to try them on something else than windows whiteboard.
    I need a program or app for Windows 10, which is considered reliable so that I can be sure that the problems of jitter and pressure sensitivity are really coming from the pen and not from the software.

What would you suggest?
    Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

@7030 : Sorry for this delayed reply; did not notice your post until just now.

The ideal app for your use would be one that has no ink smoothing functionality. In recent times, some of us have been using the White Board to do inking comparisons. Perhaps other forum members have other suggestions...

3. crazycat

crazycat Scribbler - Standard Member

Try sketchbook, it is free, have line correction disabled by default, and can be switched to full screen with tool hidden easily. I don't like to use it because it is the app that tend to show the most flaw of a drawing monitor / tablet when used :p

4. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

You may have already detailed this, but this thread doesn't include it.

Usually jitter and similar problems are hardware related. When you have the right hardware, most problems can be fixed by using the right drivers. What screen/Tablet are you using?