Anyone With A TF810c Vivotab Willing to Help Me With Something?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by ginakra, Jul 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ginakra

ginakra Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all,

Just got a new TF810c and I accidentally uninstalled a program and I didn't quite catch the title of the software :-( Is someone willing to help me figure out which one, it's a matter of copying what I did and reading the software title (and not deleting the program yourself obviously, lol)... or maybe even you could right click or get info on your icons that come up with the same search and see if anything comes close and find out what folder it's in?

So here's what I did. I am new to windows 8 and touch and I needed to uninstall a program, so I went to the right side bar and clicked Search, then typed "Uninstall" (looking for Control Panel's, Uninstall a Program). I was on the default Apps search. One icon named "Uninstall" came up. So I touched the icon and since I was expecting the Control Panel, I hit "yes" when it asked if I was sure I wanted to uninstall [insert software title here] because I thought it was just Windows complaining about administrative permission again. Stupid I know, I haven't been well and my brain wasn't working quite right. The uninstall was completed before I could cancel, but I saw part of the software title, which was "sync" or maybe "sync services" there might have been more, web sync services?.

Anyone know what it might be? Computer almost factory, I installed a couple programs, but I am sure it would have been already included with the tablet. Maybe you could right click or get info on your icons that come up with the same search and see if anything comes close to "sync" or "sync services" and find out program it is so I can download and reinstall if possible?

Long shot but if anyone wants to help out I'd appreciate it :)

Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  2. connman

connman Scribbler - Standard Member

I am not near my Windows 8 machine but there is an option to refresh to factory start -- as in completely start the computer over again.

Presumably, any software that was on your PC will be back via doing this.

Again, not near my PC to check but it is in Windows Update area, under Security and Privacy or something like that.

Will check and post back later if somebody has not already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. ginakra

ginakra Pen Pal - Newbie

Well the reason I am asking is I really do not want to refresh to factory if I don't have to, I have done a LOAD of work, like a weeks worth to get where I am on the tab :( I have health issues and it's been a bear getting this far, I don't really want to start over gain if I don't have to. Thanks for the instruction when you get back though, I may need it if no one else posts. I think I might give up for awhile if I have to refresh though. :(

4. ldgw500

ldgw500 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey! Ginakra,

I just tried doing what you described. From the App screen search I typed in Uninstall and the only thing that came up for me was the uninstall program for my HP printer software that I had installed. I doubt that you accidentally uninstalled anything that came with your tablet. It probably was some app that you installed.

5. ginakra

ginakra Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah I did have some Epson software installed, I forgot about that, but wouldn't it show up in event viewer? I had uninstalled other programs after I did that, and event viewer showed the names of those, but OF COURSE did not show the name of the program that I accidentally uninstalled, lol :p I guess it could have been the Epson stuff, it's just such a mystery, I wish I had waited to uninstall the programs until I was feeling better :p

Thank you so much for trying to help, I really appreciate it. I didn't know you replied until today, I had been out of electricity due to a fallen tree limbs. The last week has been nothing but a series of bad luck events. I was going to upgrade to Windows 8.1 today but I'm scared to now, until I find a lucky rabbit's foot that is, lol.

Thanks for looking on your tablet for me,
    Gina

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.