Anyone use the hard drive tray with their R1F yet?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by PROPortable, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PROPortable

PROPortable Scribbler - Standard Member

You shouldn't have any problems with it at all... it's just a 2.5" SATA connector... you put it in, screw in the screws.. and just put it in the drive... format it in windows and that's it.. pull it out when you want.. push it in when you need... whatever.

However, it can also be used as a "travelers drawer" without a hard drive in it, it'll lighten up the load of the tablet, fill the void there, and you can put a couple bucks or a credit card in there and it'll keep you from having to take a purse (ladies... or guys... don't know too many with purses), but I often do when I'm traveling - just in case I lose my wallet or something... there's always a backup.

2. Loaf.

Loaf. Scribbler - Standard Member

haha that's really weird. i've never heard of anyone using the traveler's drawer like that, though after you think it through it actually seems pretty reasonable. I may try it.

3. PROPortable

PROPortable Scribbler - Standard Member

We've had what Asus has called a "travelers drawer" in our laptops since the M1... that'll be 6 years ago this spring. It sounds like a dumb idea, or maybe just something that isn't useful, but when you consider it'll cut about a 1/2 pound and you could have some spare bills *just in case*... it's handy... I think it would be most hand with a tablet, because say you're at work and going from a meeting back to your desk and you want to stop by the soda machine - simple things like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.