Anyone try the Windows 8.1 update on HP Envy x2?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by ChaosChris, Oct 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChaosChris

ChaosChris Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys I am a little nervous to update my X2 to windows 8.1 since I been hearing a lot of trouble with the atom ran tablets. I have googled the crap out of it and can't find any info on anyone trying the update yet on an envy x2. When I go to the hp site and do the windows 8.1 check it says the envy x2 has been tested and confirmed for this update. Anyone here have it installed and working with no problems? I hear you can't roll back so.

2. richo64

richo64 Pen Pal - Newbie

I tried... & ultimately went back to Win8. Several problems... metro apps not working properly, some software not functioning. I believe there are driver issues which can only be fixed by updates from HP. I think it is more than an service pack type upgrade, it is more of a complete OS upgrade.
    I would wait until HP releases info regarding updates. The "peak" I had of Win8.1 lead me to believe it was a worthwhile update, but I am not convinced I can update the Envy X2 at the moment. At least Win8 works.

3. RaymondPJR

RaymondPJR Pen Pal - Newbie

I did. I updated from 8.1 Preview. It went well mostly, but my biggest problem is that my earphone jack doesn't work. At least on the dock it doesn't. Beats Audio is gone, and that may have something to do with it but I'm not sure. Somehow yesterday I lost the ability to bring up the charms bar by swyping on the tablet screen. This happened right after I was configuring the touch pad for various swipes, taps etc... Hmmmmm! My sound volume is much better than it was with Beats which is what I forgot to mention. It isn't crazy loud, but I can hear it whereas when I first bought the unit I could hardly hear anything. The only malfunctioning app I've come across was Finger Painting which I uninstalled. It kept loading constantly. Once I fix the headphone issue and get back the charms bar function by swiping directly on the tablet, I'm satisfied!

4. crashnburn

crashnburn Scribbler - Standard Member

What about now in 2015 ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.