Anyone tried the new OneNote yet?

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by bilzebub, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bilzebub

bilzebub Pen Pal - Newbie

I upgraded a month ago. I like the new features, but as I mentioned in another thread (no replies, boohoo :( ) , you seem to not only lose all of your flags/tags when you import your notebook and convert it to the new format, but the flags don't disappear, they get imported in a mangled fashion, so you have lots of gobbledeygook to clean up.

Also, the thing is a memory HOG. I had Onenote, Acrobat, Outlook (2007) and Foobar open, and 850 megs of my 1 gig were taken up, well over 200 megs by onenote 2007. 2003 was much more well behaved, averaging 60 megs or so for me. It makes me wonder whether I should go from 1 gig to 1.5.

Hope this helps.

Bill

2. ichthyic

ichthyic Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been using OneNote 2007 Beta for school, and I'm considering going back to using Journal for next semester. It has been a memory hog, and I've experienced too many crashes and odd behaviours such as ink disappearing after I've written stuff, things getting misaligned, and the persistent printing problem.

I'm not sure that OneNote is the best software for the kind of mathy-compy-equational stuff that my notes consist of. The container principle may work on blocks of text, but it has it's shortcomings when drawing matrices and complex equations.

I hope to see some full reviews before the next semester starts so I can plan and organize my notes accordingly.

- ichthyic

3. Grinner

Grinner Pen Pal - Newbie

I can relate. I also just started using One Note and while I haven't had any problems with it so far I would also like something that can handle math, and engineering stuff better. But so far I haven't found an alternative to it.
    Something along the line of that Math Journal program, but with the screen clipping and manipulating and searching powers of One Note. Journal is a bit underpowered for me and since it also can't handle math it doesn't offer any advantage to me.

4. bilzebub

bilzebub Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.