Anyone successfully open their SP3?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by davey, Jul 3, 2014.

1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

So get the 128GB version and add a $100 128GB micro SD card? Of course that 'only' gets you 4GB RAM, as opposed to the 8GB in the 256GB i5 model.

2. davey

davey Pen Pal - Newbie

There is a chance that moving dropbox to an external drive would result in deletion of files; im doing it currently on my 32GB t100 but I back up dropbox nearly every other day, the SP would be replacing it. I'd love the 8GB RAM version but I dont have the cash and am honestly hoping for better battery life in the i3 version.

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes Scribbler - Standard Member

A trick not being tried is to put the whole tablet in the oven for some time, and use 1, or 2 large and powerful suction cup to lift the screen.
    Then again something else can break or desolderer. Sadly, I don't think I would try even if I won at the lottery. Money could be better put to use and help people more.

4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

I think the point of the heat gun is to heat the screen edge and not the tablet's internals as much. Baking the whole thing to the temperature needed to melt the glue means every single component is going to be very hot. Seems risky to me.

If it were me I would like to see some examples of successful attempts before taking the plunge.

5. Malberttoo

Malberttoo Pen Pal - Newbie

Well I myself am looking forward to the video of the attemp/procedure. Who knows, Davey may end up being the forum's go-to for those with cracked screens and didn't purchase Complete...