Anyone know anything about the Gigabyte S1082?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by epcot1988, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. epcot1988

epcot1988 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all,

I've been looking around to find a Windows 8 tablet (not RT). My budget is sub $800. I've read most of all the posts on the Acer's, Asus'. Some on the Samsung and Lenovo's, but I have yet to see anything on the GIGABYTE S1082!

Has anyone out there got one, used one or even had the opportunity to have hands and play with one. I would have thought that I would have found something by now as it is claimed on a site or 2 that it was 'released' Oct 2012! Not a thing that I have been able to find. The Iconia's and Vivo Tab's came out about the same time and you find all kinds of discussions about them and the teething and support issues, so where is GIGABYTE? :confused:

2. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

At least in the US they are not readily available, Amazon Marketplace has one retailer and Dynamism has them, but at least Dynamism says early Feb for delivery...

Dynamism - Gigabyte S1082

3. epcot1988

I was thinking, stupid me, that some might be out there already since the 'release' date was supposedly back in October. After all the ASUS TF810 isn't supposed to be out either until mid Feb. or so, but look at all the discussions going on already about them and how many seem to be on the street already!

I’d really like to hear some hands on daily use with either the GIGABYTE S1082 or S1185 before I buy a tablet. I don’t have a problem working with a tablet that has issues when most of the issues have been exposed and there is either support form the OEM or groups like this. But for the time being the GIGABYTE’s would be a case of flying blind! Of course, someone has to be the first, right?

4. ghosterbiter

ghosterbiter Pen Pal - Newbie

I saw it when I was in Germany. It was 593 eur with this:

25.7 cm (10.1") 1366 x 768, LCD, Multi Touch
    Celeron, 2x 1.10 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD
    WLAN b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
    2x USB 2.0, HDMI
    1.3 MP веб-камера, Windows 8 64 Bit

5. epcot1988

ghosterbiter,

Did you get a chance to play with it or just look at it? If so, any impressions?

6. ghosterbiter

Just looked at it. I was impressed by 128gb ssd and DDR3 4gb. But I was asking myself question - why Celeron 1.1). And I'm pretty sure there was model near it with 3G but I'm not sure about that.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  7. epcot1988

From my research it has a 3G option. They all seem to have a SIM slot even if the 3G innards aren’t always in them.

As for the Celeron, again, from what I've read and that's why I would like to hear from someone that has actually used one, the Celeron 1.1 gHz although a slower clock than that of the ATOM's, they seem to do better in speed tests. Supposedly it is designed like the new ATOM's to be more power efficient than their bigger cousins the I-cores. I don't remember where it was that I saw the speed tests, but they were quite a bit faster than the ATOM's.

The list of specs are pretty impressive, 2 full size USB's, full size SD, full size HDMI, full size VGA, replaceable battery, changeable RAM and changeable SSD to 500gb HDD. Also the unique optical touch 'pad' and the mouse buttons. That way you can use the classic desktop and not need a mouse to navigate in screens that aren't touch friendly. A keyboard accessory and the multi media docking station with built in DVD player and speakers!

I just have this feeling that it is too good to be true, or the battery life isn't too good! No back camera, but do I really need one?

8. ghosterbiter

I want make order. Still thinking about it (it's availible for sale in UK and Germany Online stores). They cost 590-800 eur (depends on variations). But I'll take 593 eur verison (128gb). Delivery take month from Germany. But maybe someone from UK or Germany can tell about their experience faster. I hope so

9. JUS_SAURON

JUS_SAURON Pen Pal - Newbie

A really old post .but I did not want to create a new one .
    I am looking for a Gigabyte S11M tablet
    Anyone know an online store that has it in stock ?

I wish they continued their tablet line .
    They have a unique optical sensor which I like .

My dream tablet
    Gigabyte tablet with Cherry trail Atom or Bay trail Atom for good battery life
    Wacom stylus
    Bring back the FULL SD card slot
    Kickstand
    Up to 1 TB SSD 8GB ram

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.