anyone gotten replacement battery that works??

Discussion in 'Asus' started by chinesefireball121, Sep 3, 2007.

1. NicH

NicH Pen Pal - Newbie

I've had mine since late March. With Vista (which I have come to love) and it's still not showing any wear. :)

2. Edo

Edo Pen Pal - Newbie

... well, I'm sure that there must be a larger % that are happy with this machine, but I must admit that the battery issue is worrying.

I've been looking at Fujitsu's T4215 which is also pretty quite decent but I must admit a lot pricier as well.

Edo

3. sp_17

sp_17 Pen Pal - Newbie

If there wasn't such a bad battery issue I would seriously be considering picking up an RF1. I know some people are saying that it can't be an issue for everyone because a lot of people don't come back to complain more, but if it was a small number of batteries with this problem then it wouldn't be likely for so many people to get a 2nd or 3rd replacement and have the same wear problem

4. jdwilson

jdwilson Scribbler - Standard Member

Also people who don't make it a practice to visit such forums aren't here, regardless of battery condition.

Also people who don't understand that they have a battery problem aren't here.

For example, my wife wouldn't know to look for "battery wear" and would just be frustrated that the battery life sucked. Until it reached a point where she couldn't use the tablet, she probably wouldn't even call Asus.

The reality is that good customer service organizations realize 1 complaint = many dissatisfied customers. On this forum we have some resellers who seem to have the attitude that 1 complaint = 1 whiner.

5. Horsepower

Horsepower Pen Pal - Newbie

My replacement <main> battery seems to be working ok, but I may be thinking life is degrading. It's been 3 months since RMA. I STILL want to know if the bluetooth/wlan switch draws when the tablet is off.

6. MBFin

MBFin Pen Pal - Newbie

I RMA'd my battery last week. It took exactly 7 days from the time I sent it to the time they delivered my neew battery.

My old battery had the following problems:

1) It would not always automatically charge when I plugged in the laptop.
    2) It drained while the computer was off. Overnight it would lose half its charge.

My new battery seems to work fine (after it's first day). I will post back if/when I expereince any of problems.

7. Loaf.

Loaf. Scribbler - Standard Member

my replacement battery was fine when i got it and it's lasted me about 5 months. it's showing 30&#37; wear now, which is actually an improvement from the first battery i had which showed 30% after the first week. i think i may call up asus to see if i can't rma this battery and get another.

Luckily i have a modular battery should i ever need it on battery, but since school is out for the summer I don't require much battery life so I can afford to part with the battery. I figure if they dont find a fix, then I can probably afford to keep each battery for 5 months before it starts showing significant wear and rma it for a new one during winter/summer vacation when I dont need the tablet as much.

I am seriously considering giving the tablet to my parents or something though, and replacing it with the thinkpad since its battery life is pretty amazing and I get the employee discount as a summer intern...i think :p

8. zigs

zigs Pen Pal - Newbie

I haven't RMA'd the battery yet, but I have the problem. I have got R1F since april and NHC tells the battery wear level is 36% (about 1,5h - max 2h of running). Now I mainly work on AC power and the level is constant.

Is it possible to work only on AC power with the battery removed (when I send the battery to the service)?

I do not see new posts for 2-3 months - does it mean Asus has solved the problem?

9. chinesefireball121

chinesefireball121 Scribbler - Standard Member

^No new posts merely mean that people have become frustrated with the whole problem and no longer bother to post