anyone gotten replacement battery that works??

Discussion in 'Asus' started by chinesefireball121, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cecirdr

cecirdr Scribbler - Standard Member

I RMA'd my main battery and it was replaced. At the same time I got the modular bay battery. I used the tablet for over a month with both batteries and things appeared to be fine. The meter showed 5:30 of life and I regularly used over 3:30 before plugging the tablet in to charge.

I thought things were fixed, but apparently I was wrong. After keeping the tablet that long and thinking things were fine, I sold it only to be confronted by the new owner about the battery! I've ended up looking like a jerk. He's sending me the tablet back and I'm refunding the money...but cripes! What's the deal here? FWIW, The main board was replaced and the battery replaced...to no avail. It didn't fix the problem.

So...does *anyone* have a case where they've RMA'd their R1F and had the replacement battery etc. work correctly?

Have I spent nearly $2000 for a door stop? I can't in sell the computer to someone else with a clear conscious, --unless I just take a few hundred bucks so they can part it out. (But apparently Asus can :mad: )

2. cecirdr

Nobody??? Anybody???

I'm thinking I should have made this a poll. If no one responds, I may ask if I can repost this as a poll with these choices.

--------------------
    Yes the new battery and/or repair fixed the problem

No, the new battery still shows wear issues

Haven't RMA'd it yet, but I have the problem

Never had the battery wear issue

don't know (tablet too new or replacement battery too new to know)

3. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I still haven't gotten past the part where you said you'd refund the money on a used laptop with known battery issues.

My replacement battery appears to be working fine. But then again, it's still relatively new.

4. cecirdr

I thought the battery issue was fixed, so I didn't even bring it up when I posted it for sale. I felt the tablet was "ready to go". The buyer had no idea this would happen to him. So it seems more than fair to refund his money.

I wish Asus had been so kind to us, but two wrongs don't make a right. Though if Asus doesn't fix the battery and static problems, I'm going to scream. Plus I'll wonder what in the world did I do to somebody in the past to deserve such karmic retribution. I spent approximately $2K on this laptop plus the modular battery and if Asus doesn't get it fixed.....well, let's just say I'm out 2000 bucks that I can't even begin to absorb the loss for.

Swapping out batteries every few months is not only a pain (because the laptop is unusable as a portable without a battery, thus rendering it useless during the swap. Plus, I'm having to pay shipping to send the battery in.), but it will cease to be an option once the warranty is up.
    ---------
    FWIW, my replacement battery worked well for a month..not giving me any indication that it was going to be compromised. Apparently, one can't assume that the replacement works without a long period of use.

5. Edo

Edo Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow, I'm on the verge of buying one of these... :| Are a lot of people experiencing this problem, even with the supposed "fixes"? Hm...

6. NicH

NicH Pen Pal - Newbie

Here's my answer to your "poll".

7. kudoskun

kudoskun Scribbler - Standard Member

thats too funny.

8. kudoskun

kudoskun Scribbler - Standard Member

Well Cecidr, what you do then is get a rma battery and sell it over again. When it happens tell them its under warranty talk to Asus and point them our way.

9. cecirdr

There's no way to tell what percentage of owners are having the problem. Those that have a tablet working just fine, are likely not here in this forum. Frustrating...and you were probably already well aware of everything that I just said.

What I'm wondering is; of those with the battery issue, how many have actually had it resolved...never to reappear. Right now, it appears that the number is very low. *Or* yet again, when someone gets a working battery or the static fixed, they're not coming back to the forum and posting.

10. cecirdr

Great...how long have you had your tablet? I sometimes wonder if it's just us early adopters that have the problem. I bought my tablet in October because I wanted win xp versus vista. I felt that if I waited I'd get stuck with vista. (I was wrong, but fear sure is a motivator)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.