Anyone got android x86 working?

Discussion in 'Software' started by FC1032, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Trovatore

Trovatore Pen Pal - Newbie

No prob. You are welcome :) Looking forward to hear how do you find it. I know that there are problema with the wacom drivers but if your M750 also has a passive digitizer (not made by Wacom) maybe there is a chance to have a "usable" android x86 experience.

Didn't know that by doing so i would free some ram. I'll give it a try :)

2. FC1032

FC1032 Scribbler - Standard Member

No probs :)

I'll see how the new version goes :D

3. sarmasboy

sarmasboy Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys,

did anyone get android 3.0 working on their tablets? Would be nice to have it as a boot option rather than in an emulator (which is only good for testing apps I guess?). Having it on dual boot would be sooo nice :]

4. FC1032

I couldn't go any further than using the homescreen an settings in the emulator... it kept force closing for me. :(

Android 3.0 dual boot would be cool though

5. FC1032

UPDATE!

First off: Thanks Trovatore, for letting me know about the Android 2.2 x86 update!

I've just tried it on two computers, my desktop and tablet.

The good news: It actually boots on my computers now. On the desktop, it seems fully functional (only played with it for a few minutes though).

The bad news: On the desktop, the font is HUGE and annoying, but I'd assume some apps like pixel density changer would help.

On my tablet, it doesn't respond to my touchpad AND my touchscreen. It registers the keyboard though.

Interestingly enough is I'm able to press "end" on the keyboard to bring up the shutdown and reboot options, then if i poke the screen anywhere, the tablet goes into sleep mode (so it does respond to touch? I dunno).

HORRIBLE news: once in this sleep mode, i'm able to get the machine up and running again. I have to take the CD out and force a shutdown using the shutdown button.

Summary: I'm glad the CD actually boots now, but on my tablet, it basically doesn't do a thing. The desktop however runs the CD fine and its very fast! I was surprised the desktop was supported so well!

Perhaps after a while, things will get better :) I'm off to tinker around with it more, maybe i will find some discoveries!