anyone else waiting for 2710p?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by SimsHsia, Jun 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thaluckyspoon

thaluckyspoon Scribbler - Standard Member

Well if there is no internal cd/dvd driver then I guess I am still stuck looking. Gateway is too underpowered, TX1000 has no active digitizer and a slow/hot amd processor, X61 looks nice not sure if it can be bought with an optical drive but I doubt it.

That pretty much leaves me with the Asus R1F as the outstanding choice... hopefully they release an updated version that fixed all their issues...

2. jywang

jywang Scribbler - Standard Member

The attachable DVD drive is supposed to be 7mm thick and goes under the tablet. So, it will practically be like an integrated DVD drive.

I've been checking the availability every day. Anyone hear any rumours as to when they will be available?

3. thaluckyspoon

thaluckyspoon Scribbler - Standard Member

oooh it can attach to the bottom? Does that mean it stays attached where ever I haul it around or I have to plug it in like an external drive?

4. jywang

jywang Scribbler - Standard Member

it attaches like a docking station but has the same footprint of the tablet. In addition, you can sandwich the extended battery which also has the same footprint so that combined, you get the extended battery life and dvd for watching movies. I'd love to find out how many hours it can operate in this way for long plane rides...

5. Detour

Detour Pen Pal - Newbie

The 2710p has an opional port replicator that docks to the bottom and has a CD/DVD drive.

6. MichaelRx

MichaelRx Pen Pal - Newbie

7. thebranded

thebranded Pen Pal - Newbie

that has to be the best designed dockinstation, but wht is the total weight/thickness withthe docking station and extra battary? in some of thoses pics (btw, great sites MichaelRx) with docking station it seems rather thick

8. Nu_b_in_ere

Nu_b_in_ere Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow. MichaelRX, i read the info you provided about the screens, and well i got to say, Brain Overload. It proves something that my Gran used to say... Not everything is good for everybody...lol... I wear specs with tints. for some reason, i get headaches and cant take too much bright light, be it sun, monitors, tv, whatever! i went down to our local store to look at Tablets to see what would be best for me and what i noticed was the dimness of the Tx1100 series was cool (viewed from indoors). Although from looking through the shop window at the TX, i couldnt see a thing... i could see every other screen, No 2710p available, obviously! mind you all the screens were of laptops. Ultra Mobile Laptops maybe your answer for outdoor viewing, long Bat life and dvd/cd built in with viewable screen indoor and outdoor.

I also thought that HP were selling the optical drive and base for the 2710p as an option, so it will definitely burn holes in a few pockets, along with the flat panel battery.

We must not forget now the object is to get unassuming customers to part with that hard earned currency.
    The other question i've been trying to get answered is, If i w8 4 d 2710P & buy all the optional extras. Once its fitted together can i still run this beast as a tablet....hmmm.... i've seen the video of it altogether but in Laptop form only.....What happens if you want to swivel that screen and let it loose wireless, how comfortable will it be.... someone please help.... or...... is it possible to do this...

Finally, i got a brill deal with HP UK at the moment, the usual TX1100series upgrades. 2Gig Ram, 160 Gig HD, AMD TL-60, Tv-Tuner w/remote, lightscribe Dual DVD writer, ABG pre-n thingy ma jiggy, 12.1" wxga hi-def screen w/integrated touch, Vista home, Works, 1 yr standard warranty even gave me a ruck-sack.lol. all for £810.... i'm a bit worried about the 4cell battery and the warranty, can anyone help me here please... Thanks in advance..

9. Mullizw

Mullizw Pen Pal - Newbie

10. Alexkass

Alexkass Pen Pal - Newbie

all business tablets support WACOM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.