Anyone else think the XBOX music app blows? Other options?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by ghost74, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghost74

ghost74 Scribbler - Standard Member

I find the XBOX music app really clumsy to use and it has done a pretty poor job organizing my library.

I will say that the Now Playing screen that displays artist photos in the background is really cool.

I'm back to using Media Player with it's teeny-tiny buttons in desktop mode.

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

Hmmmm. Only just figuring this out now?

Well, for what it's worth, over on ZDNet Mary Jane Foley reported that Microsoft is aware of the fact that Music, Mail and some of the other apps are in need of serious improvement and are working on it. No ETC, however...

3. SaintXx

SaintXx Pen Pal - Newbie

I like certain aspects of it. The artist photos and being able to send the music to my AV system via Xbox. With the Music Pass it's an awesome way to grab tons of music on a whim.

It does need work though - it's mis-tagged some of my existing music and a power-user mode for cataloguing and browsing libraries would be fantastic.

4. ghost74

ghost74 Scribbler - Standard Member

Yea I'm hoping that MS is committed to the Surface such that the device goes from really good to really-really great in a short time frame.

5. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I wish that they would just make incremental updates, instead of waiting for a huge overhaul like it sounds like they might be doing. That's part of what an App Store is good for.

I mean, if they added the feature (already present in WP) where you can tap on a letter heading in order to show all the other letters, and jump to whichever you choose, that's something simple that would increase the usability of the app a ton. It still would have a lot of problems, but small incremental updates like that would show the end-user that something is getting done, as opposed to giving the feel that you're just stuck with what you have.

6. BurntOrngeLonghorn84

BurntOrngeLonghorn84 Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, the positive aspect is that it has come a long way since consumer and release preview. Zune Music Pass wasn't even integrated in consumer preview...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.