Anyone else see this crazy tablet pc software?

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by r3fr4cti0n, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r3fr4cti0n

r3fr4cti0n Pen Pal - Newbie

Skarv, what is that small circle in on the bottem of the right portion of the screen do in the youtube vid you posted? it looks like it has a spiral on it and it shrinks and gets bigger as you use touch screen?

2. Zergling

Zergling Blarrrrrg

InkSeine from Microsoft Research

3. yale02

yale02 Pen Pal - Newbie

^Wow! That is really cool, thanks!

4. icarr757

icarr757 Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok, need to learn InkScene, that looks very useful for tablet!

5. SDreamer

SDreamer Scribbler - Standard Member

6. wakeupneo

wakeupneo Scribbler - Standard Member

This is mostly just research because... Well... These things are mostly pointless in everyday use. Simultaneous pen and touch are something that are barely possible as it would require you not to touch the screen with your hand you write and right now, capacitive screens stop registering input when our pen is in the range of the screen.

What onenote does now is the bare minimum, yet it's enough.

7. jdsingle

jdsingle Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry, Finals just got over and almost forgot about this forum. I will get the tablet booted up tomorrow and test it out and let you know how it goes.

8. Skarv

Skarv Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys,

I have had reports on issues where TipPopper does not work after waking up from suspended mode. The latest beta of the program has a new "Restart TipPopper" option that might prove handy until this issue is fully taken care of: skarv.net: Tablet software - TipPopper

From what I've read, this bug occurs especially when waking up from suspended or hibernated mode. The latest beta creates a new file called "restart_TipPopperProcess.cmd" which is installed in your C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Skarv\TipPopper folder. If anyone should want to experiment, you should be able to set this file to run after resuming from these sleep modes. A quick google gave me this instructions page: http://goo.gl/RmsFW

All feedback appreciated!

9. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...need to learn InkScene, that looks very useful for tablet...>>

...A note about the current version of InkSeine (1.2.1720). The Internet search function is currently broken. The cause and the fix are known, but shifting priorities have so far prevented the implementation of the fix.

If memory serves, the internal (My Computer) search option still works, and all the other native functionality (e.g., note taking, etc.) does, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.