Anyone Else Hear About 30% Slate Discounts?

Discussion in 'HP Slate' started by dstrauss, Nov 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

2. b3nz0n8

b3nz0n8 Pen Pal - Newbie

You, good sir, are #ChompingAtTheBit while #Impatiently waiting for my HP Slate 500

Please note, Support groups meet on Mondays and Thursdays, with emergency meetings every other day, in the #PleaseDon'tLetItBeChineseNewYearAlready forum.

It's ok, help is on the way...Fed Ex is swift and recovery is painless.

3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Slate jittttttttttttterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssssssssssss...yes, I have them. Google permanently believes I only search for "HP Slate" anymore. Still, I was surprised to see the post above...can't beleive they'd discount it even for Black Friday...seeing as how they haven't even shipped any yet, how could you believe they could have a Black Friday sale?

4. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

You have got to be kidding.....WTF!

Does anyone know if it's possible to cancel one already on order?

5. Mhotep

Mhotep Scribbler - Standard Member

Wow. But how reliable is this.

6. b3nz0n8

b3nz0n8 Pen Pal - Newbie

HP does that to all of us. *Twitch*Twiiitch*....*Shudder*

Also, this is one of the reasons the Goog developed 'instant'. They should rename it 'Instant Fix' or 'Mainline Fantasmagorical'. That's more fitting.

Anyway, Black Friday deals...yes, potentially for those 'in the right place, at the right time...itchy trigger fingers uh'twitchin'. I cannot confirm or deny any such HP Business-Black Friday Madness. If it does occur, it will be swift and extremely painful(for those who miss it).

Coupons:
    They will probably have a very limited coupon run, as with most of their coupons, and it will run out rapidly (minutes). Prepare for the opportunity, if it arises. Also, if reports are true and they are 'batching' the HP slate, HP's Most Excellent Marketing Machine will seize the day in an effort to overshadow and devalue the competition. I think the larger marketing push will become more evident towards the end of the month.

Shipping:
    Shipping by FedEx on the consumer-line is in most cases, "Underpromise, Overdeliver" which has been the case on all the HP systems I have received. All of my consumer-line products arrived on, or a day before the 'Expected Ship Date'. Route:China, Alaska, Tennessee (my hub just a few states away). 1 Day ship, delivery (or I would drive over to FedEx to pick it up off the delivery truck that would be at the house the next morning *Twitch*.

FedEx and FedEx tracking...the warm and fuzzies:
    F.Y.I. The moment it leaves China, it will be at your local FedEx within 24 hours, waiting on the special morning delivery truck. This has been my experience, with their Consumer-line. I have zero experience with ordering from the Business line at home...but we stack 'em high at the office and have a healthy contract.

Hp Coupon History:
    I've been tracking the consumer line of coupons, *the gateway*, for years and the trending for limited run coupons remains almost the same as it did 4 years ago. The coupon values have changed, but HP will always net the same on each sku sold (roughly).

*Twiiitch*
    You benefit from new sku's and the upgraded products (upgrade your HD from 320gb to 500gb for FREE!), but the coupons hit the same net value each time and for the limited number that are available. *Twitch* This algorithm works for HP, and works well, in generating interest, driving demand and keeping brand loyalty deep within our frontal lobes. *Twiiiitch* With Intel in the loop, brand loyalty will skytocket. *Shudder*

HP Product Release Dates, Partnerships and the corresponding Coupon Algorithms:

Here something I wrote, while on autopilot, after a long day at the office.

Coupon talk towards the bottom: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hp-touchsmart-tm2-wacom/35669-hp-case-manager-told-me-new-tm2-will-released-black-friday-2.html#post201366

*Twitch, Twitch...shudder* ~b3nz0n8

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

It's probably an iPad troll trying to harm sales.

Dan

8. eternal

eternal Scribbler - Standard Member

eh, wouldnt this make more sense if it was for CYBER MONDAY?

9. wubbzy

wubbzy Pen Pal - Newbie

yeah, seems like an unreliable rumor, but I think I'll wait to order one, just in case. :cool:

10. wubbzy

wubbzy Pen Pal - Newbie

LOL, I'm glad I'm not the only one. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.