Anyone else excited about Cityman?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Aug 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

No question Microsoft is onto something but, with the S3 as portable and light as it is, I find that I can do almost anything on it when out of the office. I don't really need a phone that docks ... I need a phone that takes notes.

LVM and Mesosphere like this.
  2. kvad

kvad Pen Pal - Newbie

Nice to see them getting attention for their strong sides!
    Did you see the camera samples they posted? That's the first time I've seen pictures from a smart phone I could actually use for something - none of the smeared out rubbish you get from pretty much any other smart phone. If it lives up to their samples you could actually create decent sized prints from this.

3. Bronsky

Yea. I think Zeiss still makes the best lenses on the planet. The camera was what I loved most about my Lumia. It was also a very durable phone where the Samsungs my kids have proved not to be as durable. I also grew to like the OS. The GN5 has a 16mp camera but I don't expect it to be as good as the one in the Lumia.

4. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

They very much do I was watching a review last night of some of their lenses that cost about the same as a 1990 Miata and wow. But, lens only goes so far, as sensor also matters too. The sensor looks good, but with rumors of next gen Android devices going sensor sizes closer to the 1020, it be interesting how it shapes out. I'd be curious to see how it compares in a typical bar situation to say something like the LG G4/V10, which have one of the best OIS systems on a mobile device(at from the samples/videos I have seen).

I am tempted to get one as my phone is slowly needs to be taken to pasture, but the fact that it may not come to Verizon and some of the apps that I use aren't available puts a damper on that. Windows Mobile 10 looks pretty good, and I wouldn't mind using it, but again apps I use have not web variant.

5. Bronsky

BestBuy is offering a $100 gift card with the purchase of a Galaxy Note 5 with a new 2 year contract. That makes the price $150. A no brainer. I'll have a new phone by Saturday.

soh5 and dstrauss like this.
  6. southdunes

southdunes Scribbler - Standard Member

7. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

Interesting. I might even be willing to ignore the SD card anomaly for that price. :p

8. Bronsky

I have to say that I absolutely love this GN5. The storage limitation is not an issue for me.

9. southdunes

southdunes Scribbler - Standard Member

Awesome to hear, been awhile since I've been excited about my phone. Shackled to iPhone now mostly b/c of the ease of locating family members quickly. Secondarily because of the investment in the app ecosystem. If it weren't for the former, I'd be giving the GN5 a spin.

Bronsky likes this.
  10. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Boooo to both of you - we'll ALL be jumping ship for Panos' Surface Phone next year!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.