Anyone else excited about Cityman?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Aug 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Part of that efficiency is to just Swype part of the word and then pick from the suggestions on top. Landscape mode helps too.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Thanks for the article. I feel better about the choice of a Note 5 instead of the Lumia. The comments under the article are just as good as the piece itself. They are spot on about the mobile side of Microsoft being not ready for prime time and probably won't be for quite some time. As much as I liked my Lumia and Windows Phone 8.1, I'm going to have to hold my nose and give Samsung my $$. Google here I come.o_O

3. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Hopefully Panos taking over head of engineering will help to unify the groups. My understanding was the Surface group and WP are very independent entities.

4. Tourniquet

Tourniquet Scribbler - Standard Member

Okay maybe a dumb question, but has someone tested the Surface Pen on the Lumia 950 XL yet?

If they still use the same touch sensor and things it might still work anyway?

5. Sweetpea8472

Sweetpea8472 Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm most certainly not going to support a company that doesn't think we're good enough to sell devices to.

My 'director of finances' (husband...) can stuff it, I'll be getting the XL anyway!

Barstuck, southdunes and Bronsky like this.
  6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Yes. That would be hard to do, if they won't sell you devices.

7. Sweetpea8472

There are always different ways, naturally, but I'm done jumping through hoops to get what I want to pay for...

I will have to wait till December though, before I can hold that new phone... But €699 I can live with, as it should also contain the continuum dock. (though, it'll be more expensive than my SP2, which was €600...)

Bronsky likes this.
  8. XJ12

XJ12 Scribbler - Standard Member

Just don't see a use case for continuum if software is dumb down. I want to do more than power point and a spreadsheet. I'm ready for full Windows 10 on my phone. Whole disk encryption is one enterprise required feature. I can physically fit my paperless office data base on a 128 GB SD card, but can't from a policy perspective. Full blown windows on a atom processor in a phone, and let me figure out the software I need. No waiting for universal software rewrites and such.

Just this weekend, drove my 65" 1080p TV with my 640 Lumia over Miracast. Pretty sweet.

southdunes likes this.
  9. Sweetpea8472

I ordered the Lumia 950XL last night. That includes the coninuum dock (nice, those pre-order extras :D) Husband was grumbling (naturally)...

You could pre-order till November 29th, so I hope I'll get it the first week of December...

Bronsky likes this.
  10. XJ12

XJ12 Scribbler - Standard Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.