Anyone able to add bluetooth to the 1070?

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by touchytm2, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. touchytm2

touchytm2 Pen Pal - Newbie

I bought a bluetooth module and it was actually for the tx2/tx2z, I thought it was the tm2. I can't get it to work on this machine. I think they require different modules. I tore the thing completely down looking for a connector and it seems that the second wwan slot that is open is a viable connection. I plugged it in but no luck. Downloaded drivers for it but no luck.

Anyone else able to add/find the correct spot for the bluetooth module?

I bought it from here:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...Category=31534&_trkparms=algo=LVI&its=I&otn=1

2. papi

papi Scribbler - Standard Member

Not sure if it helps: When you order the tm2 as CTO you get to choose between a wireless card or wireless card + BT. So my guess is that the BT on the tm2 can only be ordered as part of a wireless card, and cannot be ordered as a standalone unit.

3. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

There's got to be a way to get the part, either from HP or a third party, usually you find stuff like this on eBay. You might want to query the guy on eBay about this if you haven't already.

Yeah, stuff like this is always much easier to get when you buy the unit however I do wish that bluetooth were just a standard option like WiFi these days on a laptop.

4. papi

5. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Actually this is a great idea if you don't mind giving up a USB port. I've got one of the micro adapters I use with my desktop PC and the thing is tiny. I would be just a little bulge off the side of your unit, it shouldn't interfere with a case or when carrying it, in other words you could leave it plugged in all of the time except when you're trying to maximize battery power.

6. touchytm2

touchytm2 Pen Pal - Newbie

I agree, that is a great idea, dealextreme has a bunch of those for cheap. Thanks a lot.

7. A30N

A30N Technologist

Make sure you get a Toshiba-based one, as opposed to a Broadcom/Widcomm model. The Toshiba bluetooth stack is the best out there, there are sooooo many features!

8. papi

I second getting one with the Toshiba chip/BT stack. In addition to having better feature set you also get more frequent driver updates directly from Toshiba (at least that used to be the case). For Wicomm based models you can only get driver updates from the OEMs which sometimes never update the driver.

9. TabbedOut

TabbedOut Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm going to have to second the Toshiba based device... The Wicomm just plain sucks. I MISS my old M700s bluetooth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.