Discussion in 'Asus' started by Pyxus, Nov 19, 2006.
does anyone know if the update fixes the problem with the sound?
Drivers I pointed to in this post fix the Sound problem :
First post to this forum, I have been lurking but now have my R1F
I have been following the Vista conversations and have installed RC2 and its running okay including wireless. Problem is that the screen rotation button does not work, anyone got any ideas? The CTRL-ALT-DEL and Escape buttons seem to work but not the rotation.
See the link posted above. Install ATK0100 ACPI driver (and wireless console driver... useful), then the latest Intel 945GMA graphic drivers (download those from Intel) and it should fix your problem.
Thanks Pyxus you are a star
Got the new intel drivers and it is all working.
Thanks again for the pointer.
Has anyone got the fingerprint reader, power utility (so you can have profiles), or screen rotation working under vista? Is it "safe" to use Windows XP x32 drivers/software in Vista x32?
vista has built in power management profiles...the whole works, lcd brightnrss, processor power used, hd off...more robust than powergear.
screen rotation, you need to install the intel graphic software for it to work. download the beta vista from the intel site.
OK I got the screen rotation working using the Intel drivers.
I also got the driver for the fingerprint reader from Upek's website: http://www.upek.com/support/dl_driver_sensors.asp
I tried the XP fingerprint enrollment software, but that didn't work too well. Any ideas on how to actually get the enrollment to happen in Vista?
I installed Vista and i've got all the drivers down pat thanks to the links presented in this thread. However, I was wondering if you guys have these problems and if they can be solved:
1) Fn F5 & F6 for brightness control does not work with the 945GM vista driver downloaded from Intel - If you have a working version please link me. Note screen rotation hotkey works with this driver. Also, windows brightness control does not work either.
2) Audio Driver gives sound however, the hotkeys Fn F10-F12 work but do not actually control the sound. example, if i Fn+F10 it shows up as mute but doesnt actually mute. Again if you have a working driver please advise.
3) I have installed the driver for the fingerprint reader. However it is pretty useless as there is no supporting protection software provided. I've also messed arund with Asus Aecurity Protect Manager however unsuccessful in adding in the fingerprint options.
4) Anybody have drivers/software for the touchpad?
5) MSN Messenger - Just a small problem i noticed... When you undo inking it deletes it however upon sending the message the undone inking is sent along with what you've written. Note: I ran the same version on WinXP and it did not have this problem, hence i'm pointing the finger at Vista and not MSN Messenger.
Any assistance is much appreciated.
For problem #1, installing the Atk0100 driver (here:http://www.asustreiber.de/download.php?list.49) should solve the problem (you may need to reinstall the 945GMA driver from Intel after the Atk0100 driver). . . no idea about problems 2-5, besides waiting for official Asus drivers...
Separate names with a comma.