Anybody installed vista RC1/2 on R1F ?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Pyxus, Nov 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pyxus

Pyxus Pen Pal - Newbie

I tried but had problems with the ATK0100 driver not giving access to the hardware Switches (e.g. Wifi on/off) --- any success out there ?

2. alcko17

alcko17 Pen Pal - Newbie

yea... i have the same problem..ive tried installing rc1....it works fine except for the wireless.
    when i try to install the wireless program that comes on the driver cd it says that i must install the ATK0100 first...
    does anybody know a way to fix this??

3. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Hi all,

Have you tried running Windows Update and getting a (possible) new version of the driver? I've read a thread on Notebook Reviews about people getting most of the functions to work on an Asus Notebook and Vista RC2.

alcko17, try this ASUS R1F ATK0100 driver, here, and see if it installs.

4. Pyxus

Pyxus Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the input SimsHsia

unfortunately, the problem is that wireless Console 2 (the program used to switch Wifi on or off) does not detect the presence of ATK0100 driver (the one either from Asus or from windows update). . . looks like we need an update from Asus.

5. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

In Win2003 server, there is a 'compatibility mode' tab if you open up the Properties tab of an icon sitting on your desktop ( right click ) the icon.

I don't know if it exists or not in Vista, but if it does, set to XP and try running the app.

6. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Yes, Vista should have compatibility mode, its been a feature since Windows 2000. Right click on the Console 2 EXE file, if you can find it, click Properties, then click on the Compatibility tab, check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:", and select Windows XP SP2. Click Apply and/or OK. See if that works it out.

This is only a work-around until Asus releases an updated driver/app to work with Vista.

7. alcko17

alcko17 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks SimsHia, i tried to install the driver you rec....it didn't work...the installer still cant find the driver.

Yes, there is a compatability option. However, the problem lies within actually installing the program that controls the wireless. During installation, it tells me that it cant find the ATK driver, and that i need to install that first. Then it quits installing the program that controls the wireless.

in the device manager, the intel wireless shows up as working..and tells me that the driver is up to date...I just need to switch the wireless on...cant figure out how to do that =(

i think it suggested switching the physical wireless switch on the laptop...but that only controls my bluetooth...NOT my wireless...

any ideas? is there something that I am doing wrong?
    Thanks for all the help guys

8. Pyxus

Pyxus Pen Pal - Newbie

Seems like the solution would be a new driver/ Console from Asus.
    In the mean time , I was thinking to try NHC 2 's ACPI functions to turn on the wireless function... Unfortunately the LAN card just died in my R1F ! So I Cannot download .Net Framework 2...Can you try that?

9. alcko17

alcko17 Pen Pal - Newbie

I tried installing the dotnetfx file on vista rc1 and it tells me that it already has it installed.

I cannot open nhc2 because it tells me that i need to be the adminstrator...but i only have one user in vista...shouldn't that one account be the administrator??

10. macuis

macuis Pen Pal - Newbie

Does Vista Aero Glass work with the R1F?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.