Any way to print to OneNote 2007 with printouts in centre of page? (OneNote 2007 with 64Bit XPS2OneNote)

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by Ebenezer, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ebenezer

Ebenezer Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I have the OneNote 2007 installed on my Windows 7 64 bit laptop.

As far as I know, OneNote 2007 does not have the "print to OneNote 2007" driver.

As such, I have searched the internet and installed the "XPS2OneNote" solution provided by a member of the OneNote team:
    OneNote Print Driver ? A 64 Bit Solution - David Rasmussen's Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

However, all printouts to OneNote "stick" to the top and left margins.

There does not seem to be a way to alter the margins in the XPS Document Writer settings.

Is there anyway to have the printouts to OneNote be in the centre of the page and not be "left aligned"?

And, has OneNote 2010 fixed this...?

Thanks,
    Ebenezer

2. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Ebenezer,
    I am not sure what you mean by the 'center' of a page. In OneNote there is a text box sort of outline around your entry or print out that gets plopped in the upper left corner of an infinitely wide background. You can resize the print out by grabbing the corner and dragging it, or you can move the print out around on the screen. Are you referring to the subsequent print out of a OneNote page not being centered on the printed page?

3. Ebenezer

Ebenezer Pen Pal - Newbie

Dceggert,

I am able to resize the white background to A4 but the printout defaults to the top left corner and cannot be selected at all...

I am printing PDF'ed powerpoint slides (2 a page) to OneNote and hope that it could default to the centre of each OneNote page

(if not, it would be very troublesome to do so for every page! - Am hoping it could be at the centre so that if I do print them out, they could be filed in a Ring Binder file with the punched holes not taking out any words...)

Thank you and regards,
    Ebenezer

4. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

I just checked my print command options (Send to OneNote 2010) and the only options are paper size and portrait vs. landscape. So, it does not appear that there are any options as far as where to place the print out like there is for a regular printer. Sorry...

5. JohnGuin

JohnGuin Pen Pal - Newbie