Any Way to add pressure sensitivity to tx1000?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by maxholland, May 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxholland

maxholland Pen Pal - Newbie

hi, my first post here :p ~ a question I've triend to find answers to elsewhere, but nothing definitive so far:

Can one add some kind of pressure sensitve stylus to the tx1000, to add pressure sensitivity to the existing basic touch senstivity?

I'm imaging this might work along the lines of 3rd party pressure-sensitive stylus (bluetooth or usb cabled) + a driver/software to add the functionality to the OS.

Any thoughts or experience?

2. gordoncahill

gordoncahill Scribbler - Standard Member

You can't add pressure sensitivity to the TX1000 panel. It's not capable of it. There may be a third party solution that adds some type of stylus and IR beam/receiver or something, but I've never heard of one.

What do you need pressure sensitivity for? If it's for Photoshop or similar it would just be easier to hook up an external tablet, like a Bamboo, when you need it.

Gordon

3. maxholland

maxholland Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Gordon

thanks for sharing your thoughts on this - as a user of both the tx1000 and tx2000 series, you advice is surely valuable.

I'll continue to keep my ears open, but I suspect you are right that there may not be any way to do this. I'll update this thread if I find any possible solutions,

cheers

Max

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.